Jump to content

TJway


tjway

Recommended Posts

Sure, of course it's possible but as you probably know the bars are closed so you're limited to SGs and escorts.  Review the Street Girl section along with the Escort links, then decide. Or if time isn't a factor and you have hours on the books, wait another month or two.

If you're bound and determined search for "Jazzlyn", not sure where she's at now but you could PM @Greenman as he probably knows.  Other than that, buen suerte!  :yahooo:

Edited by soulcal
  • Like 2
Link to comment

It is possible but TJ is fairly locked down right now.  The Zona is closed, though there are some offerings at Cascadas and some street girls are working.  The escort agencies do have chicas, too.

Restaurants are takeout only and Uber Eats is available.  Some of the bigger hotels closed entirely but Ticuan is open. 

Check the thread on border crossing and on Status of Zona y Tijuana to get a feel for what's been happening these past few days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Reuben said:

It is possible but TJ is fairly locked down right now.  The Zona is closed, though there are some offerings at Cascadas and some street girls are working.  The escort agencies do have chicas, too.

Restaurants are takeout only and Uber Eats is available.  Some of the bigger hotels closed entirely but Ticuan is open. 

Check the thread on border crossing and on Status of Zona y Tijuana to get a feel for what's been happening these past few days.

So this probably isn't the best time to come down. Like I said, I'd like to come down for a week. Is it a problem walking across  the border? Getting a hotel room? Are the bars open? Maybe better to hook up with Sampson? This sucks,.................I'd love to come but it sounds like it might be a problem

 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Reuben said:

It is possible but TJ is fairly locked down right now.  The Zona is closed, though there are some offerings at Cascadas and some street girls are working.  The escort agencies do have chicas, too.

Restaurants are takeout only and Uber Eats is available.  Some of the bigger hotels closed entirely but Ticuan is open. 

Check the thread on border crossing and on Status of Zona y Tijuana to get a feel for what's been happening these past few days.

What @Reuben said.  I can recommend some great to go joints, I'm talking ham and eggs, frijoles, rice, 5-6 tortillas and excellent salsa for 27 peso which at even a flat 21.00 to the dollar is $1.29, and it's very delicious!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, soulcal said:

What @Reuben said.  I can recommend some great to go joints, I'm talking ham and eggs, frijoles, rice, 5-6 tortillas and excellent salsa for 27 peso which at even a flat 21.00 to the dollar is $1.29, and it's very delicious!

Do post your "go to" joints for all to relish!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, organicAlo said:

Hong Kong keeps posting on their instagram that they're going to give an announcement on their reopening this week.

I wish but Jaja!  Wanna bet?

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Diggy said:

Are we telling tjway to bring his own TP?

lol/////I'll bring my one wipe charlies from dollar shave club. My concern is getting across the border (walking), having a hotel to stay in, and knowing there will be available chicas. Last resort SGs even. Is sampson still doing business?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, soulcal said:

Sure, of course it's possible but as you probably know the bars are closed so you're limited to SGs and escorts.  Review the Street Girl section along with the Escort links, then decide. Or if time isn't a factor and you have hours on the books, wait another month or two.

If you're bound and determined search for "Jazzlyn", not sure where she's at now but you could PM @Greenman as he probably knows.  Other than that, buen suerte!  :yahooo:

Thank you my friend

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, tjway said:

lol/////I'll bring my one wipe charlies from dollar shave club. My concern is getting across the border (walking), having a hotel to stay in, and knowing there will be available chicas. Last resort SGs even. Is sampson still doing business?

Just a suggestion about crossing.  I was questioned up the butt a few days ago when I went down to celebrate a lady friend's BD. The past 2 times down, dentist appt. worked well but this time I was pressed, as in "How often do you see your dentist, why not a dentist in the US?" I countered with I live in SD, it's less expensive and I've been seeing him for over 10 years." Immigration guy then asks when will you return?"  Probably in another month I responded.  Boom!  He then suggested I purchase the 180 day FMM pass since I cross so often, I jumped on it.

575 pesos vs. $30 dollars is the way to go.

You can also tell them you are bringing money to family friends in need and suggest if it's possible to buy the 180 day pass, pretty much sure they will give it to you as they need the $$.  Wear a mask and be respectful.

  • Agreed 1
Link to comment

Wow, that's a new thing, but then money usually talks with our Mexican brethren. I'll make a note of that. I'll also bring a mask. Ticuan is a good place, at least it used to be. Are masks worn by all down there now?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, soulcal said:

Can't do Amigo, you might get fat!  :rofl1:

Just teasing Amigo @Diggy it's on Cahuilla , about 100 yards east of the cambio on the north side.  Green and orange signs out front with their menu. Also Comida Economica, best description of the location is the last room of Hotel Monitos and directy across the street. They have a steam table blocking what was their restaurant.  60p for delicious abondigas, frijoles, tortillas, rice and beans.

 

IMG_1334[1].JPG

  • Like 2
  • Yum 1
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, soulcal said:

I wish but Jaja!  Wanna bet?

I wish too :( They said an announcement this week, not that they were opening this week. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, tjway said:

Wow, that's a new thing, but then money usually talks with our Mexican brethren. I'll make a note of that. I'll also bring a mask. Ticuan is a good place, at least it used to be. Are masks worn by all down there now?

At the Ticuan yes.  Probably been there 4 times in the past month for breakfast.  When you enter, they have you step on some kind of disinfectant chingadera to clean the soles of your feet and a hand auto dispenser to disenfect your hands. Then they take your temperture digitally on your forhead.  All the wait staff, cooks, cashiers had gloves and masks on. Social distancing also in place but easy, not so many clients.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Thanks my friend.......any other suggestions on places to stay? Years ago I used to stay at a place called Hacienda de Santiago (I think that is correct). It was on the same street as Hong Kong, and other bars, but was up the street from them, the quiet end of the street. There was a sushi bar next to it......may or may not still be there. It was a cheaper place to stay, but they were honest and always looked out for me

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, tjway said:

Thanks my friend.......any other suggestions on places to stay? Years ago I used to stay at a place called Hacienda de Santiago (I think that is correct). It was on the same street as Hong Kong, and other bars, but was up the street from them, the quiet end of the street. There was a sushi bar next to it......may or may not still be there. It was a cheaper place to stay, but they were honest and always looked out for me

HDS is still open but they aren't taking anyone new to stay there.  There are a few long-timers there (they usually rent by the month) but otherwise, no dice.

You may be able to get a room at Leyva (sister hotel to HDS and located a few doors down from Chicago Club).

That said, Ticuan has air conditioning.  HDS and Leyva do not.

  • Like 1
  • Agreed 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, tjway said:

Thanks my friend.......any other suggestions on places to stay? Years ago I used to stay at a place called Hacienda de Santiago (I think that is correct). It was on the same street as Hong Kong, and other bars, but was up the street from them, the quiet end of the street. There was a sushi bar next to it......may or may not still be there. It was a cheaper place to stay, but they were honest and always looked out for me

Sushi bar long gone, shame, good food and huge portions.  HDS, give them a call during the day, they have rooms but as my amigo who will prolly kick my ass for recommending, @smoothburnn it's a dangerous area, corre, corre, corre!  Give them a call and pretend you're an old friend, Antonio is the day guy.  :dunno:  :dancing_dude:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yes. I remember.......In December at HDS I used to turn the fans on, along with the gas burners on the stove, to warm the room up. Was always careful not to fall asleep with the stove on. The chicas enjoyed the warmth. Anyway, it's probably Ticuan for me. Less hassle.

  • Like 1
  • Agreed 2
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...