TJway

tjway

On 5/31/2020 at 5:30 PM, soulcal said:

Just teasing Amigo @Diggy it's on Cahuilla , about 100 yards east of the cambio on the north side.  Green and orange signs out front with their menu. Also Comida Economica, best description of the location is the last room of Hotel Monitos and directy across the street. They have a steam table blocking what was their restaurant.  60p for delicious abondigas, frijoles, tortillas, rice and beans.

IMG_1334[1].JPG

Coahuila and what? Is it the place directly across from Adelita's? Or more towards Revo? That looks good and filling and just my kind of price.

@PhordPhan you lucky guy.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

Coahuila and what? Is it the place directly across from Adelita's? Or more towards Revo? That looks good and filling and just my kind of price.

@PhordPhan you lucky guy.

Coahuila between Conny and Rev, south side, approx 100 yards east of  the cambio. Orange and I think green Menu poster signs on the front wall. You cannot miss it, Hotel entrance immediatey to the right.  Some sketchy people and a trannie or 2 or 3 live there but they don't hassle anyone ordering there as they do the same. The ham and eggs are very good IMO and for 27P, excellent!  Good frilojes and rice tambien.

Occassionally I'll order their strawberry/banana licuardo for 25p and it's also quite good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, soulcal said:

Coahuila between Conny and Rev, south side, approx 100 yards east of  the cambio. Orange and I think green Menu poster signs on the front wall. You cannot miss it, Hotel entrance immediatey to the right.  Some sketchy people and a trannie or 2 or 3 live there but they don't hassle anyone ordering there as they do the same. The ham and eggs are very good IMO and for 27P, excellent!  Good frilojes and rice tambien.

Occassionally I'll order their strawberry/banana licuardo for 25p and it's also quite good.

I think me and Anna had a romantic rendezvous in that yellow hotel by there. Gotta keep it classy. I know where that is. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/31/2020 at 5:56 PM, tjway said:

I remember a guy named Victor......he was great

Victor can be a real prick sometimes for no reason at all.  I've experienced (after literally staying every weekend for years and years) it and no longer stay there for that simple reason.  Know that it is common for personal items to be stolen from both the Leyva and HDS, it happens all the time. Cameras at HDS haven't worked for years. Always an inside job. Heck, an Amigo's Ford pickup was stolen not to long ago out of the Leyva parking lot and they have that security booth manned 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
12 minutes ago, soulcal said:

Victor can be a real prick sometimes for no reason at all.  I've experienced (after literally staying every weekend for years and years) it and no longer stay there for that simple reason.  Know that it is common for personal items to be stolen from both the Leyva and HDS, it happens all the time. Cameras at HDS haven't worked for years. Always an inside job. Heck, an Amigo's Ford pickup was stolen not to long ago out of the Leyva parking lot and they have that security booth manned 24/7.

Wow.....good to know. He treated me good, but time changes people. I used to leave money in the safe there, but after seeing this post I wouldn;t do that again. Appreciate the post.

8 minutes ago, tjway said:

Wow.....good to know. He treated me good, but time changes people. I used to leave money in the safe there, but after seeing this post I wouldn;t do that again. Appreciate the post.

I'm not sure how I'd handle money in their so called safe, even if they have one, which is doubtful. Do you count out the money on the counter in front of them, then shove it in an envelope, seal it, hand it over, and have them give you a receipt? Tricky business I'm afraid.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, soulcal said:

I'm not sure how I'd handle money in their so called safe, even if they have one, which is doubtful. Do you count out the money on the counter in front of them, then shove it in an envelope, seal it, hand it over, and have them give you a receipt? Tricky business I'm afraid.

They can still run off with it. What security is a receipt? It's Mexico. What are we going to do-call the cops?

Edited by Carlafan
  • Agreed 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

They can still run off with it. What security is a receipt? It's Mexico. What are we going to do-call the cops?

Exactly but i would't hesitate to call the cops. They had your money,  where they say it's safe, you have a receipt, and they are responsible for it. Of course that may not guarantee anything, however if that failed I would most definitely hire a lawyer while seeking to recover his fee also.

Edited by soulcal
7 hours ago, soulcal said:

Exactly but i would't hesitate to call the cops. They had your money,  where they say it's safe, you have a receipt, and they are responsible for it. Of course that may not guarantee anything, however if that failed I would most definitely hire a lawyer while seeking to recover his fee also.

Calling the cops would only guarantee that they will have to split their haul with the cops. Won't help the victim in the least.

• Agreed 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Bubby said:

Calling the cops would only guarantee that they will have to split their haul with the cops. Won't help the victim in the least.

Agree but I would get a abogado involved and I won they would now be out a ton of additional fees.

On 6/5/2020 at 10:57 PM, soulcal said:

Like I said...it was a long time ago when Victor was somewhat reputable. Wouldn't do it today

• Like 1