How did you choose your handle or your avatar?

smoothburnn

My avatar was chosen for me.   Gifted

My handle - One night while surfing the net/web ,I was listening to some smooth jazz & watching a fire burn in my fireplace.  Smoothburnn 

Edited by smoothburnn
  • Like 9

I don't remember exactly where I came up with Sargon.  I think I was just thinking of something that sounded like a wizard or medieval.  Really has no meaning, just popped into my head at signup time.

My current avatar - gif of a girl winking while sucking a cock - was found after mi amigo told me about a girl doing that to him on his trip to Medellin.  I was looking for a gif for his trip report and saw this one.  I'll probably change it sometime soon...

He is in Dakar, Senegal right now and has already had some incredible experiences.  I will try to get a trip report writeup out of him next week.

• Like 7

Well I was listening to a Springsteen song, when the line came up "Sampson and Delilah" and I did not think Delia was a good choice.  I chose Dan Akroyd  as my avatar.  Many years later it changed to Shrek and I am guessing the site owner changed it. 

Edited by sampson
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, fotofreak said:

My handle is pretty easy to guess.  My avatar was custom-made by @Haus; it was originally a pic of a shop called Foto Liz. :) 

I didn't realize @Haus was so talented.

Does he do custom videos from Hotel Cascadas?

Asking for a friend...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
3 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

My handle? Gee...I have no idea. It escapes me right now.

What about your avatar? Lol

• Yum 1
34 minutes ago, ThrashHard08 said:

What about your avatar? Lol

I have no idea how I came across a morning newscaster from Arizona. I've been through Phoenix, Flagstaff, etc once when we all went to Grand Canyon...when I was 9.

But I saw her and I go "holy fuckin' hell-is she for real? My God". Just speechless. Hot doesn't begin to echo my comment on her. And she has to be in her 40s cause she has 4 kids. Poor Ashlie Rodriguez of KUSI got replaced lol. Well, not really. But Ashlie is like John Oates or Jim Messina now...certainly a nice addition but not the primary one lol.

Renee Nelson is her name. Prince wrote a whole album pretty much about his girl Mayte (the Symbol Album). Me-I'd write an All Things Must Pass-worth...a triple album set. And that would be from running across her at a 7-11.

Edited by Carlafan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I used to restore old Fords. I'm still partial to them, even though I've switched to older BMWs.

I think I stole my avatar from engrish.com years ago and I've been too lazy to change it. 

• Like 5

I thought of my user name in about 90 seconds as I was signing up for the site. I wanted it to be something funny. I thought about my negotiations with the SGs and how I always clarified "Sin ropa." So then I thought to them I would be a gringo sin ropa. 

I already had my avatar on my phone as a meme and I thought it would be perfect for this site...and still do LOL. 

Anyway, I just thought it should all be for fun and humorous...after all...this is a hooker board!! :D

20191108_144640.thumb.jpg.1617c849214c3f0d7db26b743a86ab63.jpg

Edited by Gringo Sin Ropa
Grammer and spelling
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

jascoi is a combination of a screen name on another website that dealt primarily with the strip clubs in the city of industry and my avatar is a picture of the arch that I had to re-photograph to get it to fit within the constraints of pixels or whatever it was on TJ amigos. 

Edited by Jascoi
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Gringo Sin Ropa said:

I thought of my user name in about 90 seconds as I was signing up for the sight. I wanted it to me something funny. I thought about my negotiations with the SGs and how I always clarified "Sin ropa." So then I thought to them I would be a gringo sin ropa. 

I already had my avatar on my phone as a meme and I thought it would be perfect for this sight...and still do LOL. 

Anyway, I just thought it should all be for fun and humorous...after all...this is a hooker board!! :D

20191108_144640.thumb.jpg.1617c849214c3f0d7db26b743a86ab63.jpg

One of my favorite names and avatars!!

• Thanks 1
  • Agreed 2

"But let justice roll on like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."--the prophet Amos.

It's complicated.  The above passage is pretty famous, was referenced in MLK's "I have a dream" speech.  Amos was a commoner, but uncannily eloquent in his writings; call it God-given talent.  His primary theme was justice, hence the force of a river that cannot be resisted.  Righteous conduct is most important, much more important than saying the right prayers or the right words.  I don't think he would think kindly of a privileged American making his way to Mexico to bang hookers.  I try to keep it in mind.  Sorry if that is depressing.  I'm sort of a weirdo.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, amosrolling said:

"But let justice roll on like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream."--the prophet Amos.

It's complicated.  The above passage is pretty famous, was referenced in MLK's "I have a dream" speech.  Amos was a commoner, but uncannily eloquent in his writings; call it God-given talent.  His primary theme was justice, hence the force of a river that cannot be resisted.  Righteous conduct is most important, much more important than saying the right prayers or the right words.  I don't think he would think kindly of a privileged American making his way to Mexico to bang hookers.  I try to keep it in mind.  Sorry if that is depressing.  I'm sort of a weirdo.

How about the avatar?  Wasn't that something like a girl you caught stealing the tips in a ruta or something?

13 hours ago, Sargon said:

How about the avatar?  Wasn't that something like a girl you caught stealing the tips in a ruta or something?

It was a national news story, actually.  An 18 year-old girl impulsively stole like $5 from an Uber driver.  The internet thought she was the anti-Christ, I got a kick out of it.  Reminded me of a bar girl for some reason.  Not that they are dishonest, it's just that glint in the eye.  And this girl had some problems, but I would nail the fuck out of her if given the chance.

• Like 3
  • Agreed 1
On 11/9/2019 at 7:40 PM, amosrolling said:

And this girl had some problems, but I would nail the fuck out of her if given the chance.

This is actually my working motto when I’m in the ZN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/9/2019 at 12:58 AM, amosrolling said:

I kinda miss your old avatar with the guy leaning out of the window of that bus. Very evocative of a certain time and place and perspective. I just skim most posts on TT, and ignore some posters entirely. But I always read your posts completely and appreciate their intelligence and insight. Keep on being uncannily eloquent in your writing. 

Edited by Matiz
  • Like 1
  • Agreed 1
1 hour ago, Matiz said:

I kinda miss your old avatar with the guy leaning out of the window of that bus. Very evocative of a certain time and place and perspective. I just skim most posts on TT, and ignore some posters entirely. But I always read your posts completely and appreciate their intelligence and insight. Keep on being uncannily eloquent in your writing. 

Thanks, man.  The funny thing is, I am not who deserves the credit, my big or little head.  I like my usual avatar as well, which is Red in Shawshank Redemption on his way to Mexico (appropriate) after a period of imprisonment (appropriate) for an adventure "the conclusion of which is uncertain" (totally appropriate).  In honor of your nice post I will switch back to that avatar, which I agree is better.  I'll bring out the greedy 18 year-old tart seasonally, like the McRib at McDonalds.

• Like 7

I think Tom Cruise is a douche bag Scientologist weirdo but I’m partial of his role in Top Gun. Years ago- like 2001- in CC I was looking at little hottie Damaris and I told my trip buddy “I’m taking the shot” as I went over to ask her arriba.   He called me Maverick as a joke but it’s stuck all these years. 

• Like 5

My first TJ wingman was a guy i knew from high school, he had this stoner/OG combination of personality and charisma and when he referred to a friend as “dawg” or “big dawg” he’d kinda drop the g and part of the w when saying dawg so it sounded like “Dah” Lol I can still imagine him getting in the car to roll to TJ and bein like “oh hey what’s up big dah” Lmao or we start driving and after a few mins he’s all “so how you been Dah?” Lmao I miss that guy so much lol long story short I started imitating him saying that in front of him and our friends (he laughed the hardest out of everyone when I’d imitate him lol) and eventually I had everyone saying it. After that When me, him or our other wingman were feelin a TJ trip we’d call each other up and be like “hey you wana go to TJ, Dah?” And thus my handle of “TJDah”.

my avatar is actor Daniel Stern playing his character of Jimmy in “Born in East LA”. The jimmy character always reminded me of how I imagined myself  living in TJ one day later in life. 

• Like 8