How did you choose your handle or your avatar?

smoothburnn

My handle is the name of a large city in China, that was also a popular brand name of frozen Chinese food sold in grocery stores back in the day.  I don't have a custom avatar, as it was flagged/banned on other boards.

Edited by chunking
  • Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, dirtemail said:

Wait, I thought we were supposed to use our real name and picture?  Do I have to prove myself?

581860934_CurleySENTRIscanned.thumb.jpg.0c37cf99adc79d8248a8099cfb4de414.jpg

Soitinly you are!!! Nyuk nyuk nyuk...

• Haha 1

I didn't choose my handle - it was bestowed on me one night in Carson City at Bunny Ranch.  Some of the regular ladies got to know me and knew that I was from Chicago and that my name really is Bob.   

When I walked in one night, one lady shouted Chicago Bob!  It stuck like shit on a wall, but I wear it with a badge of honor.   My avatar is because I'm kind of a nocturnal lone wolf. 

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

I wanted to resurrect Ho Chi Minh in spirit by creating a version of him that loves hoes, hence HOE-Chi Minh. 

HoeChiMinh is inspired by The Communist Manifest-HOE, the greatest book on mongering of all time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • 1 year later...

Well, a for Ψ,  pronounced /ˈsaI/ or Psi after romanization is shorthand for the science of mind and behavior as well as wave functions in quantum physics.

Flash: Sudden, Fast, Snappy,  Scarlet Speedster™, Fastest Man Alive ©

Put together is how my brain works in some instances, while keeping a calm and collected exterior.

As for my icon, if you zoom in when you click on her, you could see her face and recognize her. If not, I just chose one of the loveliest samples of womanhood of the previous century, Ms Bettie Mae Page, who is just wearing a lovely belly dancer outfit (or odalisque ?) waving  her veil while raising her eyebrow looking at the camera... Since we talk about feminine beauty here at times, I thought she could be at home here. 

• Like 4

When I first came across this forum, just made up a name  to gain access.  I had no plans of staying around, thus the stupid name.  In the past Ive been part of car, sports, etc forums....I usually lose interest real quick, usually a bunch of keyboard warriors that always have something smart to say, or type shit they would never say to your face.  Once I had access to the site, I saw this one was different.  Don't get me wrong theres pissing matches on here, but everyone seems to want to help each other.  If I had a do over, I would have picked a different name, o well, no regerts!!!! The avatar, my third session of my last trip....Ill be back in TJ in few weeks, will post a TR when I get back....

• Like 8

I was really into heavy metal/thrash metal of the 80s when I was growing up… in the 2000s. Made a YouTube account under a different username and befriended a guy with my username on here “thrashhard08.” Turns out he was a real asshole. He would insult people (through racism and foul language)  in comment sections of YouTube videos he posted relating to heavy metal bands. He made other YouTube accounts… one was called “ni**aman” … he was racist after all.

In the years since, other people have made parody accounts for whatever reason. You can find them on YouTube by typing in my username. Lol

About ten years ago I was signing up for an account on another site and his username just stuck to me and I decided to use it. In my mind, I was like “this isn’t my identity, so I won’t receive any consequence” lol … not that I should have. 

So really, my username is more about being anonymous than anything else. I no longer listen to heavy metal. If I could change it I would… 🤔 can I?

my avatar is a pic of when jerry Seinfeld shaved newman’s head as revenge. Lol

(MOD NOTE: ThrashHard08 changed his handle to ZestySpear the day after this post. :) )

Edited by Reuben
Handle change note
  • Like 6

An interesting topic. When I have met mongers from the boards in person, this is one of the early topics of conversation.

I retired from IT to pursue a new career in unmanned aviation (drones). 400 feet AGL is the ceiling for unmanned aircraft. 

• Like 6
23 hours ago, junkname said:

When I first came across this forum, just made up a name  to gain access.  I had no plans of staying around, thus the stupid name.  In the past Ive been part of car, sports, etc forums....I usually lose interest real quick, usually a bunch of keyboard warriors that always have something smart to say, or type shit they would never say to your face.  Once I had access to the site, I saw this one was different.  Don't get me wrong theres pissing matches on here, but everyone seems to want to help each other.  If I had a do over, I would have picked a different name, o well, no regerts!!!! The avatar, my third session of my last trip....Ill be back in TJ in few weeks, will post a TR when I get back....

The admins can change your name if you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1

I was trying to find something for dating sites that wasn't lame or offensive (such as BaseballLuver or PussyPounder69). Mine was from a random name generator and it is just two words that I liked.

My avatar is because I love redheads and breasts. Entonces.....

I originally had something like this that tied to my name, but because I like redheads and boobs...

BTW, did I ever mention that I like redheads and boobs? :D

Healing Elixir - Portal Masters of Skylands unite!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, nonsensicalElixir said:

The admins can change your name if you want.

Reuben has already reached out and asked if I wanted to change it, I'll keep it for now...Im afraid I'll pick something that is worst....:fat_face_no:..........Thanks for the info though...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, junkname said:

Reuben has already reached out and asked if I wanted to change it, I'll keep it for now...Im afraid I'll pick something that is worst....:fat_face_no:..........Thanks for the info though...

I like junkname!!  I think it is original!

• Like 2
  • Agreed 2
  • Haha 1

This was created back in the AOL days as one of my alts. K is my first initial, and I made it Dr K so that there would be some substance to it, named after Dwight Gooden of  NY Mets fame. I'm not a real doctor, but I AM a gynecologist when I'm in the Zona. When I had the "2525" at the end of it on TJA, that was for my favorite baseball player, Mark McGwire.

The photo is Yanet Garcia, of Mexican weather girl fame. I thought it should be a Mexican chica on there and that was the most famous one I could think of at the time.

• Like 8
  • Yum 1

I was a huge Shawn Michaels fan and needed to add an additional letter on an aol message board or something when i first started using it decades ago, so ShawnMJ. And I like the XOLOS (… but ask yourself, have they ever liked you back?)

• Like 7

My handle, because exaggerated machismo/virility/bravery is funny to me, “Billy Big Balls”  would have been my second choice haha.

My avatar, because Hunter S. Thompson was a cool dude.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
On 11/8/2019 at 4:34 AM, Don Pisto said:

One of the members from TJA helped me chose my handle.

VIVA MEXICO--it's my trademark!

I see your handle every single time going into Rosarito. I thought that's where you got it.

• Like 3

Mine should be fairly easy to guess: I'm the tall guy. Tallest guy on the entire board, I guarantee it...

It's one of the reasons why I worry about being caught on one of the "alley walk" videos posted on YouTube. :)

Maybe a related question should be why did we pick our avatar pictures? :writingfeather:

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, tallmonger said:

Mine should be fairly easy to guess: I'm the tall guy. Tallest guy on the entire board, I guarantee it...

It's one of the reasons why I worry about being caught on one of the "alley walk" videos posted on YouTube. :)

Maybe a related question should be why did we pick our avatar pictures? :writingfeather:

Aaaaannd.......

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Aaaaannd.......

Ah, well, I wasn't thinking of mine specifically, but just others I've seen here that are...interesting. :) That butt walk is mesmerizing!

Mine is just cause I like hentai and such. Maybe I'll try out that girl with the cat ears sometime.

• Like 3
On 10/4/2021 at 2:27 PM, ZestySpear said:

my username is more about being anonymous than anything else

Zesty spears are the pickles?   Same with mine a two word spaced generic name with numbers is very difficult to associate with anything.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Surfer 123 said:

Zesty spears are the pickles?   Same with mine a two word spaced generic name with numbers is very difficult to associate with anything.

I changed mine couple days ago from thrash hard08 to zestyspear. the word combo “zestyspear” just seemed funny and has a somewhat sexual connotation to me. Maybe my mind is just to dirty :Monkey22:

also, I don’t actually like pickles. I think they’re disgusting and when restaurants, like hooters, place them next to my French fries, i see that as a crime. 

Edited by ZestySpear
  • Haha 3

My screen name is because I use the word jefe to address others. A friend once sent me a message and addressed me as Hefe. I liked that so I kept it.

My avatar is a random camgirl I saw one day. I can't remember her name now, but I liked her at the time and saved one of her pictures

• Like 4