Packhike

Hi all. Love this board so much information that has helped me plan my first trip to Tijuana in June and staying 5 nites. Last time I was in TJ was 36 yrs ago sure lots has changed. Lol. Will be posting a trip report with hopefully lots of photos when I get back.

• Like 6

Glad to hear you've found all the info you needed!  We love reading TRs and look forward to hearing how things have changed from your last time in TJ.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Packhike said:

Hi all. Love this board so much information that has helped me plan my first trip to Tijuana in June and staying 5 nites. Last time I was in TJ was 36 yrs ago sure lots has changed. Lol. Will be posting a trip report with hopefully lots of photos when I get back.

yeah...prices have def gone up since last time :)

• Agreed 2
16 hours ago, Packhike said:

Last time I was in TJ was 36 yrs ago

What happened ???? Marriage and kids?

2 minutes ago, Packhike said:

Yes and yes and spent most of my time doing South East Asia i.e. Thailand and such

I keep thinking of planning a trip to Pattaya or the Philippines but I just don't see the advantages given how much cheaper a trip to Mexico would be.

• Like 1
(edited)

Airline tickets are cheapest feb-may and August-november. I mean I was going to Thailand in July this year ticket price was $747 Japan airlines. Which is very cheap for summer time months. My first flight to Thailand in 1998 September was $550 on Thai airways. Take the downtown part of TJ and make it all beer bars and go-gos and you have Pattaya. It's just bigger.  It's a place that should be experienced once in a lifetime. I'll be in TJ June 12-17 and then I can give a comparison between TJ and Pattaya. One thing in TJ I'd say the shows probably are a little bit more raunchier then in Pattaya.

Edited by Packhike
Grammar correction
  • Like 6
13 hours ago, 5QVMD said:

I keep thinking of planning a trip to Pattaya or the Philippines but I just don't see the advantages given how much cheaper a trip to Mexico would be.

Chalk and cheese. No comparison. Pluses and minuses for each. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1
On 4/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, Packhike said:

One thing in TJ I'd say the shows probably are a little bit more raunchier then in Pattaya.

TJ shows are raunchier? I've seen dildo shows in TJ, but that's probably the craziest. In Pattaya I saw girls pop balloons by shooting darts from their pussies. I saw girls shoot ping pong balls into clients' mouths and insert razor blades without harm. Girls would stack coins into tall piles and "collect" them by squatting down to the floor.

TJ has the stories about donkey shows, but that's almost totally a myth. TJ is pretty tame from what I've seen.

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, KCQuestor said:

TJ has the stories about donkey shows, but that's almost totally a myth. TJ is pretty tame from what I've seen.

I’ve never seen a Donkey show in person, but I have seen Photos  & Videos.  I don’t think that they are Myths, I just think it’s been many MaNy MANY years since they regularly occurred.   But :bald_head::dunno:

Edited by smoothburnn
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, smoothburnn said:

I’ve never seen a Donkey show in person, but I have seen Photos  & Videos.  I don’t think that they are Myths, I just think it’s been many MaNy MANY years since they regularly occurred.

I'd be curious to see any actual evidence of them having occurred regularly. At most, it was a rare, staged private event, just like in the US. There is no evidence of any regular, public shows of women having sex with donkeys in Tijuana. The idea of Americans going to Mexico to see a donkey show is just typical anti-Mexican sentiment.

What are the Origins (or truth) of the Donkey Show Myth
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/dwfqpi/what_are_the_origins_or_truth_of_the_donkey_show/

"The bottom line is some sexual acts between humans and equines have certainly occurred; there is plentiful case evidence (and, regrettably, film) to support that. They may or may not have been organized for private entertainment, in Mexico, the United States, or elsewhere; the illegal nature of the activity, the normal human lack of sexual interest in equines (and vice versa), and the logistics of holding such an entertainment would make documentation difficult (except, of course, for video recording or film). While they may well have been held in isolated instances, given the physical difficulties and social outrageousness involved, it seems unlikely that donkey shows as an organized, reoccurring entertainment were at any point common.

It's really hard to prove a negative, but in this case where all of the evidence is anecdotal, it's also difficult to prove a positive. I can't point to a single, verifiable account of such practices, although there's plenty of anecdotal material."

¡ASK A MEXICAN: ARE DONKEY SHOWS REALLY A THING IN MEXICO?
https://www.ocweekly.com/ask-a-mexican-are-donkey-shows-really-a-thing-in-mexico-6432071/

• Like 3
  • Agreed 1
(edited)

KC I was just referring to normal go-go bars and beer bars. Not the places that are upstairs in Patpong and other places. 

Edited by Packhike
Spelling
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Packhike said:

KC I was just referring to normal go-go bars and beer bars. Not the places that are upstairs in Patpong and other places. 

I've seen all those shows and more (pussy shoot dart, pussy write letter, pussy open water bottle), none of them were in the infamous upstairs Patpong bars. In 20+ years I've been in an upstairs bar once, and that was with a seasoned bar girl to accompany me. In 2020, just prior to the shutdown, they had the dart show, etc., in Lucky Star/Long Gun in Soi Cowboy. 

• Like 1
On 4/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, KCQuestor said:

I'd be curious to see any actual evidence of them having occurred regularly. At most, it was a rare, staged private event, just like in the US. There is no evidence of any regular, public shows of women having sex with donkeys in Tijuana. The idea of Americans going to Mexico to see a donkey show is just typical anti-Mexican sentiment.

What are the Origins (or truth) of the Donkey Show Myth
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/dwfqpi/what_are_the_origins_or_truth_of_the_donkey_show/

"The bottom line is some sexual acts between humans and equines have certainly occurred; there is plentiful case evidence (and, regrettably, film) to support that. They may or may not have been organized for private entertainment, in Mexico, the United States, or elsewhere; the illegal nature of the activity, the normal human lack of sexual interest in equines (and vice versa), and the logistics of holding such an entertainment would make documentation difficult (except, of course, for video recording or film). While they may well have been held in isolated instances, given the physical difficulties and social outrageousness involved, it seems unlikely that donkey shows as an organized, reoccurring entertainment were at any point common.

It's really hard to prove a negative, but in this case where all of the evidence is anecdotal, it's also difficult to prove a positive. I can't point to a single, verifiable account of such practices, although there's plenty of anecdotal material."

¡ASK A MEXICAN: ARE DONKEY SHOWS REALLY A THING IN MEXICO?
https://www.ocweekly.com/ask-a-mexican-are-donkey-shows-really-a-thing-in-mexico-6432071/

Anti-Mexican sentiment may be a part of it but I believe a small part.  I think it has probably much more to do with the nasty perverted types that get off on that shit.

• Like 2
On 4/9/2022 at 4:34 PM, soulcal said:

Anti-Mexican sentiment may be a part of it but I believe a small part.  I think it has probably much more to do with the nasty perverted types that get off on that shit.

Sure, but the reason it's believable in Tijuana is because people have the image of Mexico as dirty and raunchy. No one tells stories of donkey or other animal shows in Las Vegas or New York or Paris.

2 hours ago, KCQuestor said:

Sure, but the reason it's believable in Tijuana is because people have the image of Mexico as dirty and raunchy. No one tells stories of donkey or other animal shows in Las Vegas or New York or Paris.

Sure, but TJ did earn its reputation. Stuff was a lot raunchier years ago. Given that, I think that donkey shows weren't all that hard to believe. Were they regularly scheduled events? No. Did they ever happen? Maybe. We'll never know. But sometimes urban legends have a tiny grain of truth deeply buried in mountains of BS.

I don't know if any of you still remember Franco that posted up on what  was called Franco's corner.   He told me that the donkey show was a real show but but the donkey was actually a human dressed up in a donkey costume.

• Haha 2