New to TT forums. Bilingual, veteran, epicurean, hedonist and pervert.

PsiFlash

Ahoi there. New to site, but not to life and the lay of the land in TJ.

City of Lost Angles :facepalm: resident and previously all around SoCal. I feel that Socal people would be around 75% of the visitor to TJ and ZN. Does anyone know (or care) that ratio of US locals and out of towners?

I have a close dear relative relocated to TJ and may be visiting more often. I have been steadily impressed about how much and how well TJ has grown in the last 20 years. I am in the forum to re-learn some finer points about the new realities of TJ, and not only about the lovely ladies, great food and very fresh seafood (Angling to taste the famous charbroiled lobster in Puerto Nuevo!)

Being >50&<55 age, excellent Spanish and mobile in a motorcycle (VT700), I think I could have some advantages and little disadvantages when I visit soon. I can give my 2 cents on  language, Mexico in general, and as a side note, BDSM enthusiast since I was 21. You do the math.

I would not mind helping people or couples, and being guide ocassionally if times and chemistry mesh well. I would require a longer intro elsewhere, and I know this is not a dating site :blah_blah_blah:.

I feel not inclined to SGs, since I like to take my  time and unrushed. Even if some real gems appear there. BGs are nice, but they seem over polished and shinny cogs in a well lubricated machine. I guess I am slightly jaded. The jungle of online dating is ripe for exploration and adventure, but a healthy pinch of salt is needed along with Caveat Emptor. I think I might eventually gravitate toward finding a nice Civie to corrupt later. Ethically of course ^_^.

The changes I have seen through the city in general and the forays of Mr Bourdain (QEPD/RIP) into the city rekindled my exploring spirt and I see BIG, if not Great or even good, potential of the area. Ensenada may not be TJ, but it is only a stone throw away. The delights (and growth) of Ruta del Vino (the Napa Valley of Baja) and the possibilities of Baja Omakase, along with the eventual decriminalization and legalization of cannabis  in the area; makes me look into the future with an eye into larger, longer possibilities (and delights) later on.

Salud!

• Like 10
1 hour ago, PsiFlash said:

Ahoi there. New to site, but not to life and the lay of the land in TJ.

City of Lost Angles :facepalm: resident and previously all around SoCal. I feel that Socal people would be around 75% of the visitor to TJ and ZN. Does anyone know (or care) that ratio of US locals and out of towners?

I have a close dear relative relocated to TJ and may be visiting more often. I have been steadily impressed about how much and how well TJ has grown in the last 20 years. I am in the forum to re-learn some finer points about the new realities of TJ, and not only about the lovely ladies, great food and very fresh seafood (Angling to taste the famous charbroiled lobster in Puerto Nuevo!)

Being >50&<55 age, excellent Spanish and mobile in a motorcycle (VT700), I think I could have some advantages and little disadvantages when I visit soon. I can give my 2 cents on  language, Mexico in general, and as a side note, BDSM enthusiast since I was 21. You do the math.

I would not mind helping people or couples, and being guide ocassionally if times and chemistry mesh well. I would require a longer intro elsewhere, and I know this is not a dating site :blah_blah_blah:.

I feel not inclined to SGs, since I like to take my  time and unrushed. Even if some real gems appear there. BGs are nice, but they seem over polished and shinny cogs in a well lubricated machine. I guess I am slightly jaded. The jungle of online dating is ripe for exploration and adventure, but a healthy pinch of salt is needed along with Caveat Emptor. I think I might eventually gravitate toward finding a nice Civie to corrupt later. Ethically of course ^_^.

The changes I have seen through the city in general and the forays of Mr Bourdain (QEPD/RIP) into the city rekindled my exploring spirt and I see BIG, if not Great or even good, potential of the area. Ensenada may not be TJ, but it is only a stone throw away. The delights (and growth) of Ruta del Vino (the Napa Valley of Baja) and the possibilities of Baja Omakase, along with the eventual decriminalization and legalization of cannabis  in the area; makes me look into the future with an eye into larger, longer possibilities (and delights) later on.

Salud!

Welcome. FWIW I've never seen or heard of charbroiled lobsters in Puerto Nuevo.  They basically cut the tails in half sideways and cook them in oil, lard or something similar.  I prefer them your way or simply backed but they still are pretty good.

How I've prepared them for years.

LobsterTails.PNG

• Like 3
  • Yum 1

¡Bienvenidos! Feel free to chime in on any of the threads or start a new one. 

We have quite an array of foodies on here and you may even find a few hidden gems.  I'm certain we have a few fans of BDSM, too, but they tend to stay mum about their habits.:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You can find lobster a la parrilla but it's not the standard in PN, as brother SoulCal pointed out. You may have better luck in Popotla.

• Like 2
  • Yum 1
6 hours ago, Reuben said:

¡Bienvenidos! Feel free to chime in on any of the threads or start a new one. 

We have quite an array of foodies on here and you may even find a few hidden gems.  I'm certain we have a few fans of BDSM, too, but they tend to stay mum about their habits.:ph34r:

Ask me no questions, will tell you no lies. :whistling:

• Like 2
22 hours ago, PhordPhan said:

You can find lobster a la parrilla but it's not the standard in PN, as brother SoulCal pointed out. You may have better luck in Popotla.

Does Popotla often have lobster?  What about crab?  I've heard of their  good fish dishes available there,  better pricing, and obviously less touristy,  all very appealing to me.

• Like 1
  • Yum 2

Popotla has become very touristy on weekends and American Holidays.  Best to go mid week in my opinion.   I have never known them to not have lobster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1
  • Yum 2
3 hours ago, soulcal said:

Does Popotla often have lobster?  What about crab?  I've heard of their  good fish dishes available there,  better pricing, and obviously less touristy,  all very appealing to me.

I hadn't noticed crab. But I am not a huge crab fan so I wasn't really looking. 

• Like 2