Another former TJAmigos member here...

Dr. Who

Hi All,

It's been ages since I last visited TJ (last trip was way back in 2004!), so it's been awhile. LOL  Guess that life, work, and whatnot has kept me from visiting TJ, since those early days.  I'm retired now and was reminiscing over the fun times that I had in the Zona Norte with some monger friends over on another board.  That led me to discover that TJA was gone.  Although thanks to google, I managed to find this site a few days ago. LOL

Anyways, I'm posting under the same handle that I used on TJA. Back when I was visiting TJ, I use to hang out with another TJA member called "Curious".  Unfortunately, he passed away several years ago, but he was the one who got me hooked on TJ.  I'm not sure when I'll be heading out to S. California, since I'm located in the midwest, but if I do, I'll most likely check out TJ again!  In the meantime, I'm still in the process of browsing through this site. :cool_smiley:

Dr. Who

• Like 5
On 3/17/2019 at 12:49 PM, Dr. Who said:

I use to hang out with another TJA member called "Curious".  Unfortunately, he passed away several years ago, but he was the one who got me hooked on TJ.  I

Curious One? I hope not. I know that guy way too well.

5 minutes ago, asshole said:

Curious One? I hope not. I know that guy way too well.

Curious (not Curious One) was the member who passed away some years ago.  He was one of the charter members of the TJ online community going back to and being prominent on the first web boards and newsgroups.  He was a good friend and great guiding light for many of us who were newbies in the 90s.

• Agreed 1
15 minutes ago, sampson said:

Curious was a Nevada brothel regular. 

True.  He was dedicated to the Nevada action but transitioned to TJ very shortly after his own initiation.  He also became deeply obsessed with an evil CC chica and it broke him down.  He maintained the Nevada contacts and attended their annual jubilees, but stopped patronizing the brothels.  A couple of those brothel girls had a room in his rustic house in the Santa Monica Mountains and one of them was there to attend some of the details after he passed.  He helped several of the brothel girls transition away from the sex work when they asked for his help.

• Like 1

I never had the opportunity to meet Curious in person, but he was very helpful to me with computer problems I had.  He hooked me up with a guy he knew who was local to me, and that guy came to my house to fix my computer at no charge until he changed jobs.

• Like 1
(edited)

Yeah, Curious was very active in the Nevada brothel scene before he migrated to TJ.  I was also into the brothels and we have a lot of mutual friends.  In fact, some of those annual brothel gathering that we use to attend are still going on.

Anyways, when I mentioned that I was planning to check out TJ for the first time when I had to visit San Diego on business, he and his friend Bashful offered to show me around the Zona Norte.  There was another asian monger from TJA who also joined us, but I forgot his name.  This was back in 2004.  I was able to make a few trips back to southern Cal that same year, but unfortunately I haven't been able to get down that way for quite awhile.  Being a newb back then, I use to spend most of my time at Adelitas and Chicago Club.  

Edited by Dr. Who
edited to fix typos