Ohio man missing in Mexico

PhordPhan

I guess this has been going on for a few weeks now, but I just heard about it today.

An architect living in Ohio, and visiting his fiancee in the beautiful and peaceful state of Zacatecas, went missing. Along with her, and two family members.

The whole investigation stinks.

Today I read they found the bodies. Their car was full of bullet holes, three victims (apparently the girls) were found buried nearby and the man in the trunk.

I'm not sure if they have completed DNA testing on the male body or not. DNA testing confirmed his fiancee, plus her sister and a cousin. They're expecting DNA results on him shortly.

WTF happened? It's hard to pin down, but it looks like they were all kidnapped from their Christmas dinner celebration and taken for a ride. Mom got some mysterious texts from the fiancee's cell phone. They went in search of the four, but cops forbade them from entering the neighborhood they were supposed to be in, claiming it was too dangerous.

Looks like the fucking cartels pretty much own Mexico and can do whatever they please. This guy was a US citizen. When is the US going to get serious about this shit?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7076454/ohio-architect-missing-mexico-fiancee-christmas-zacatecas/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11658427/Missing-Ohio-architects-fianc-four-bodies-buried-mass-grave-Mexico.html

https://www.foxnews.com/world/body-found-mexico-likely-missing-ohio-architect-vanished-fiancee-dna-testing-pending-report

• Sad 6
5 hours ago, PhordPhan said:

I guess this has been going on for a few weeks now, but I just heard about it today.

An architect living in Ohio, and visiting his fiancee in the beautiful and peaceful state of Zacatecas, went missing. Along with her, and two family members.

The whole investigation stinks.

Today I read they found the bodies. Their car was full of bullet holes, three victims (apparently the girls) were found buried nearby and the man in the trunk.

I'm not sure if they have completed DNA testing on the male body or not. DNA testing confirmed his fiancee, plus her sister and a cousin. They're expecting DNA results on him shortly.

WTF happened? It's hard to pin down, but it looks like they were all kidnapped from their Christmas dinner celebration and taken for a ride. Mom got some mysterious texts from the fiancee's cell phone. They went in search of the four, but cops forbade them from entering the neighborhood they were supposed to be in, claiming it was too dangerous.

Looks like the fucking cartels pretty much own Mexico and can do whatever they please. This guy was a US citizen. When is the US going to get serious about this shit?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7076454/ohio-architect-missing-mexico-fiancee-christmas-zacatecas/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11658427/Missing-Ohio-architects-fianc-four-bodies-buried-mass-grave-Mexico.html

https://www.foxnews.com/world/body-found-mexico-likely-missing-ohio-architect-vanished-fiancee-dna-testing-pending-report

When will the US get serious about this? Well, as they say, you have to admit there's a problem before you can solve/cure the problem. There's no fat chance that will happen. And for a crime organization to run a country anywhere in the world is scary, which is what is happening down south.

But, cheap labor. Stop that flow, and our prices get worse. Etc. And if we in our own country tear each other apart over pronouns, then it's not like we're in any condition to solve any problem anywhere. 

• Like 4

Copied from another member's multicolored tag line:

Dangerous Mexico

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poor guy. Mexican American trying to find a decent wife but I am surprised he doesn't know the dangers of Zacatecas.

23 hours ago, Carlafan said:

When will the US get serious about this? Well, as they say, you have to admit there's a problem before you can solve/cure the problem. There's no fat chance that will happen. And for a crime organization to run a country anywhere in the world is scary, which is what is happening down south.

But, cheap labor. Stop that flow, and our prices get worse. Etc. And if we in our own country tear each other apart over pronouns, then it's not like we're in any condition to solve any problem anywhere. 

Cartels have power because they have US made guns period. 

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Lasby said:

Cartels have power because they have US made guns period. 

That's ludicrous.  Do you honestly believe they use US made guns only?  Where are they getting their fully automatic machine guns?  Those are VERY tightly controlled in the US and not readily available - definitely not in the quantities the cartels have.  Where are they getting the military-grade equipment they are sporting these days?  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sargon said:

That's ludicrous.  Do you honestly believe they use US made guns only?  Where are they getting their fully automatic machine guns?  Those are VERY tightly controlled in the US and not readily available - definitely not in the quantities the cartels have.  Where are they getting the military-grade equipment they are sporting these days?  

Cartels also get plenty of weapons via the Mexican military.... and other shit like RPG's from Central America....

• Like 1
  • Agreed 4
  • Sad 1
21 hours ago, TJ Flyer said:

Cartels also get plenty of weapons via the Mexican military.... and other shit like RPG's from Central America....

I see videos on YouTube and these weapons the cartel are using are US made weapons period. They weapons they have are able to over power the Mexican military’s weapons. I saw 50 cals. I seen M4s. I know American weapons when I see them.

Yes, cartels have many weapons purchased in the US via straw buyers. Plenty of AR-15 style rifles, handguns and even .50 caliber Barrett rifles.

As far M2 .50 caliber machine guns goes, I am guessing those are coming from the Mexican military or from Central American countries. Has to be very, very difficult to get those in the US unless you rob a National Guard Armory.

Note that Mexico has very strict gun laws for their (law-abiding) citizens, including:

• Illegal to possess guns in military caliber - .556, .308, 9mm for example. This is why locals have handguns in .380, .38 Super calibers
  • Mexico literately has only one gun store, and it's located on an Army base in Mexico City.

Meanwhile, Mexico-based Aguila Ammo produces millions of rounds of ammo for consumption outside of Mexico, like in the US:

https://www.aguilaammo.com/

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lasby said:

I see videos on YouTube and these weapons the cartel are using are US made weapons period. They weapons they have are able to over power the Mexican military’s weapons. I saw 50 cals. I seen M4s. I know American weapons when I see them.

I'm going to venture a guess that Mexico buys lots of its military hardware from Uncle Sam. I know, and it's not a guess, that the cartels run most places in Mexico's interior. They have the politicians and the  army in their collective pockets. It's not a stretch, at least to me, to assume that lots of their high-end hardware was liberated from Mexican army armories. 

I also know, and it's not an assumption, that Cuba exported shittons of unrest, terrorism, and guns, to Central America, back in the day. While it wasn't American hardware, it doesn't take a giant leap of logic to figure that an awful lot of those arms migrated northward, into the willing hands of the cartels. 

• Like 1

The cartels are not walking across the border and buying their guns (straw man or otherwise) from American gun stores.  This was a lie put out many years ago to attempt to enact more gun control laws.  

Remember Operation Fast and Furious?  

Yes, they may do this some, but they are not getting their quantities of guns and their heavy weaponry from American gun stores.  It would draw too much attention if attempted.  

• Agreed 2
1 hour ago, Sargon said:

The cartels are not walking across the border and buying their guns (straw man or otherwise) from American gun stores.  This was a lie put out many years ago to attempt to enact more gun control laws.  

Yes, they may do this some, but they are not getting their quantities of guns and their heavy weaponry from American gun stores.  It would draw too much attention if attempted.  

Let's not forget there are gun dealers in most countries of the world.  Arms dealers is what I meant to say.

Edited by soulcal
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Sargon said:

Disagree somewhat. Seizures of ammo southbound at POE's like Nogales AZ are common.

That said, for sure weapons and ammo are disappearing from the Mexican Military and show up in the hands of the cartels. And, who knows what shit may be flown into or driven into Mexico (from their southern border).

The USA also provided a shitload of funding and weapon systems - like Blackhawk helicopters - to the Mexican government for the "war" on drugs.

The former head of Mexico's Security Ministry, Genaro García Luna - their top person fighting the cartels - is on trial now in the US.  Mexican President AMLO says he wants to the US to give back the $700 million he was reportedly paid from the Sinaloa drug cartel.... pretty well established that for decades the Mexican Federal Government has cut deals with specific cartels...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TJ Flyer said:

Disagree somewhat. Seizures of ammo southbound at POE's like Nogales AZ are common.

That said, for sure weapons and ammo are disappearing from the Mexican Military and show up in the hands of the cartels. And, who knows what shit may be flown into or driven into Mexico (from their southern border).

The USA also provided a shitload of funding and weapon systems - like Blackhawk helicopters - to the Mexican government for the "war" on drugs.

The former head of Mexico's Security Ministry, Genaro García Luna - their top person fighting the cartels - is on trial now in the US.  Mexican President AMLO says he wants to the US to give back the $700 million he was reportedly paid from the Sinaloa drug cartel.... pretty well established that for decades the Mexican Federal Government has cut deals with specific cartels...

Ammo is one thing.  Machine guns is another.

Otherwise, agree 100%.