Jump to content

Chapo's son arrested


Jefffffrey

Recommended Posts

Also worth noting that another major capo 'El Neto' was killed in Cuidad Juarez yesterday.

For sure I expect the Sinaloa violence to spill over into Baja California as they have a strong presence here.

  • Sad 4
Link to comment

I told Mi (Now Ex-) Novia about this (she is from Sinaloa and has family in Culiacan) and she replied with an eye roll emoji.  More of the same, I think the locals think.

  • Like 1
  • Agreed 1
Link to comment

If the government is using helicopter gunships with cannons, that is quite the escalation.......

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Jefffffrey said:

Will AMLO let him go again? Big fight expected. My civil thinks this will bring violence to Tijuana. I personally think the government must have gotten this approved with Zambada, who is likely tired of their amateur behavior.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/el-chapos-son-captured-sinaloa-mexican-military-operation-report

They immediately flew him to Mexico City - 100% likely to convince cartel to not do what they did in 2019 since he’s not in the city anymore

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, shawnmj said:

They immediately flew him to Mexico City - 100% likely to convince cartel to not do what they did in 2019 since he’s not in the city anymore

They must have planned better this time and secured the police/militaries' families. If I remember correctly it was the threats to the families that prompted his release.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sinaloa Governor not happy that he wasn't told in advance about the military operation. But, no surprise, as he is most likely compromised.

Surprised the government didn't have more Marine and Army units pre-positioned to respond to the Cartel blockcades, etc.

Question now is did the Cartel take some hostages again to try and force AMLO to cave yet again?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, shawnmj said:

They immediately flew him to Mexico City - 100% likely to convince cartel to not do what they did in 2019 since he’s not in the city anymore

Quite the contrary I believe as I'd expect even a stronger response from the cartel!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The last place in the world right now that you'd wanna be a police officer would be Sinaloa

  • Like 1
  • Agreed 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, SPARKY said:

Quite the contrary I believe as I'd expect even a stronger response from the cartel!

Last time they threatened civilians because they knew it was a bargaining chip to release him from the jail right there in the city. This time he’s not in the city anymore so there’s no simple “meet at the sticks in the road and swap prisoners” deal like they could do last time 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
(edited)
22 minutes ago, shawnmj said:

Last time they threatened civilians because they knew it was a bargaining chip to release him from the jail right there in the city. This time he’s not in the city anymore so there’s no simple “meet at the sticks in the road and swap prisoners” deal like they could do last time 

Not hard for them to round up their cartel members in DF and cause havoc there!

 

 

Edited by SPARKY
grammatic error
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment

Talked to friends in Mazatlan today and it's a ghost town. Everything closed. No buses or taxis running. I assume schools closed tomorrow...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
(edited)
1 hour ago, TJ Flyer said:

Talked to friends in Mazatlan today and it's a ghost town. Everything closed. No buses or taxis running. I assume schools closed tomorrow...

Imagine you're on vacation and you get caught up in this shit. So many people are scared of Mexico anyways before stuff like this happens.

Shows you as well who really runs the country.

(Edit: I wonder how much, if any, of this has to do with Biden's visit to DF next week. Is there a "timing" involved with this?)

Edited by Carlafan
Biden visit
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Never understood why kids in mexico go to law school when its' such a lawless country!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, SPARKY said:

Never understood why kids in mexico go to law school when its' such a lawless country!

It's to save face. Remember that Mexico is a "show me" place, meaning that presentation rules due to their class structure. It doesn't look good if little Roberto, the son of a leading engineer/architect/whatever, is a layabout playboy when Dad has such high status and therefore privilege. So they send him (rather than him willingly going) to law school. They get in on the take as well. But they better play on the right side of the field. How many abogados have "disappeared"?

The child is a trophy in Mexican culture. Being a lawyer makes the parent look good, regardless of how the kid feels about it. It keeps the status going.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, SPARKY said:

Not hard for them to round up their cartel members in DF and cause havoc there!

But the point for them is it’s not in Culiacan! Let it be someone else’s problem 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Sargon said:

If the government is using helicopter gunships with cannons, that is quite the escalation.......

It's happened before.

 

This was from a few years back when they were capturing anyone associated with Beltran-Leyva Cartel.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Reports of 29 dead in Culiacan. More dead Cartel than Mexican Military according to reports...

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, TJ Flyer said:

Reports of 29 dead in Culiacan. More dead Cartel than Mexican Military according to reports...

Let's hope for once the military is going to go after these fuckers and wipe them out.  I won't hold my breath.

  • Like 1
  • Agreed 1
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Let's hope for once the military is going to go after these fuckers and wipe them out.  I won't hold my breath.

Exactly what the Donald wants to do also!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

 

Extradition of ‘El Chapo’ son to the US halted after 29 killed in arrest operation

 

By Elizabeth Plaza, Kiarinna Parisi, Mitchell McCluskey and Tara John, CNN
Updated 12:54 AM EST, Sat January 7, 2023

(CNN) A Mexico City federal judge halted the extradition of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzmán’s son, alleged drug cartel leader Ovidio Guzmán, to the United States on Friday, a day after he was arrested in an intense operation in northern Mexico that led to the deaths of 29 people.

The US is seeking Guzmán’s extradition for drug trafficking and has offered up to $5 million for information leading to the capture of the man they say is “a senior member of the Sinaloa Cartel.”

On Thursday, Mexico’s Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard confirmed that there is an arrest warrant in the US dated September 19, 2019, but said the possible extradition of Guzmán would not be immediate due to the formalities of the law. He also stated that Guzmán has ongoing legal proceedings in Mexico.

According to the Televisa network and other Mexican media, another federal judge later ordered Guzmán to stay in 60 days of preventive detention for the purpose of extradition after a hearing at the Altiplano maximum security federal prison where he is being held.

CNN has requested a response from Guzmán’s defense but has not yet heard back.

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...