My Name is smoothburnn. That's my story & I'm sticking to it !

smoothburnn

I thought I'd go through withdrawals from TJA, but it was surprisingly easy to let go.   I thought I'd be fine with only the memories, but a need & desire for some  new memories kept lightly tapping on my door.  I thought I wouldn't miss you guys, but as you see, here I am.  Now I need to spend some time reading up & become familiar with this new adventure, before I jump into the Deep End  !!  Looking forward to reconnecting :hug_you_all:

• Like 8

I miss TJA as an outlet.  I'm a very honest person by nature and I do not like having to hide a part of myself because of bullshit society judgment.  But this new website is better than nothing, and yes it is nice to not let all of the characters from TJA just immediately fade away.  And there is still a place for Americans heading into TJ to discuss the G-rated aspects of TJ, which comprise the better part of any TJ excursion.  It's not TJA, but I still have a place to check like the weather channel to check the narco violence before I cross the border.

• Like 3

Yea it's not what many of us want, need, or are use to, but just like the  chicas that we use to discuss, it has it's place on the totem pole.  And so far from what I've seen (be it vert brief), there seems to continue to be a lot of good stuff here, and  a place for continued good comradery.  And even friendlier.  Which I really like, prefer, and appreciate.  Along with the things  lost from TJA,  I hope some of the Egos have also been lost.  I think I'm gonna like this place :sombrero::smoke:^_^

• Like 4
On 8/3/2018 at 10:51 AM, amosrolling said:

I miss TJA as an outlet.  I'm a very honest person by nature and I do not like having to hide a part of myself because of bullshit society judgment.  But this new website is better than nothing, and yes it is nice to not let all of the characters from TJA just immediately fade away.  And there is still a place for Americans heading into TJ to discuss the G-rated aspects of TJ, which comprise the better part of any TJ excursion.  It's not TJA, but I still have a place to check like the weather channel to check the narco violence before I cross the border.

There goes the 'hood!  Oops, I meant welcome aboard Amigo.  :cheers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
On 8/3/2018 at 11:18 AM, smoothburnn said:

there seems to continue to be a lot of good stuff here, and  a place for continued good comradery.  And even friendlier. 

And we still get D.O.R's..........but, like El Hablador says......."They Always Come Back".............

• Like 1

man. tja was darn good. even though i was on there only slightly over a year.  i hope this site can regain that level. welcome smoothburn. 

• Like 3
On 8/3/2018 at 11:18 AM, smoothburnn said:

Yea it's not what many of us want, need, or are use to, but just like the  chicas that we use to discuss, it has it's place on the totem pole.  And so far from what I've seen (be it vert brief), there seems to continue to be a lot of good stuff here, and  a place for continued good comradery.  And even friendlier.  Which I really like, prefer, and appreciate.  Along with the things  lost from TJA,  I hope some of the Egos have also been lost.  I think I'm gonna like this place :sombrero::smoke:^_^

You said it best, i too miss the more raw/unfiltered style of TJA, BUT I definitely enjoy and appreciate the friendlier atmosphere of this site. Stay Safe Amigo

3 hours ago, TJDah said:

You said it best, i too miss the more raw/unfiltered style of TJA, BUT I definitely enjoy and appreciate the friendlier atmosphere of this site. Stay Safe Amigo

We're tugging on you leg a bit Amigo, I stay there and they (inside job not doubt, stole my backpack, after it going missing at Leyva also, but I managed to get it back. I chewed them out big time, not Marcos but the other guy wanted to ban me.  Talked to Marcos telling him did the other guy mention I gave him 2 left over cans of beer?  Of course not!  Explained to Marcos that I wasn't mad at him but at what happened.  Things seem to be on the up since then and no problems, they greet my civie and are polite to her, even telling her my  room and sending her up without at call.

But yah the area is dangerous and I wouldn't recommend anyone stay there!  :argh:

Edited by soulcal
3 minutes ago, soulcal said:

We're tugging on you leg a bit Amigo, I stay there and they (inside job not doubt, stole my backpack, after it going missing at Leyva also, but I managed to get it back. I chewed them out big time, not Marcos but the other guy wanted to ban me.  Talked to Marcos telling him did the other guy mention I gave him 2 left over cans of beer?  Of course not!  Explained to Marcos that I wasn't mad at him but at what happened.  Things seem to be on the up since then and no problems, they greet my civie and are polite to her, even telling her my  room and sending her up without at call.

But yah the are is dangerous and I wouldn't recommend anyone stay there!  :argh:

Not sure if this website had a glitch or you meant to post that on the HDS topic, but either way i appreciate your input. Marcos is buena gente for sure, as for the other guy idk why i suddenly cant remember his name, i know him well too and we never had problems. He has glasses right? actually, I think his name is omar. But yah no complaints about him, and Baltazar (probly mispelled his name) the security is also super cool. Theres another security that fills in for him on his day off, hes a little smaller than baltazar, and definitely friendly but sneaky. When i send him out for beer and cigs i get a fraction of the change im expecting back, but when i send baltazar he comes back with all the change and after he hands it to me he waits the perfect amount of time before leaving (long enough for me to count it but not too long where its implied hes waiting for or expecting a tip). ive sent him out in the middle of the night with a $100 bill and within 10 mins hes back at my door with $99 ($1 fee for cambio) theres few if any other people i trust with a bill that large. I wont mention names of who did me dirty there but one of them is the chick who works the desk in daytime usually during the week, her and the maintenance guy were the ones trying to charge me for stained towels that were already stained when i checked in.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, TJDah said:

Theres another security that fills in for him on his day off, hes a little smaller than baltazar, and definitely friendly but sneaky. When i send him out for beer and cigs i get a fraction of the change im expecting back,

I wont mention names of who did me dirty there but one of them is the chick who works the desk in daytime usually during the week, her and the maintenance guy were the ones trying to charge me for stained towels that were already stained when i checked in.

**I  generally try my best not to mention names, but .   It   must have been a long time since you stayed at HDS.  The security guy  smaller than Baltazar sounds like Wilber, and he hasn't worked there in over a year.:bald_head:  There also hasn't been a "chick" working the front desk in an even longer amount of time:bald_head:

Edited by smoothburnn
22 minutes ago, smoothburnn said:

**I  generally try my best not to mention names, but .   It   must have been a long time since you stayed at HDS.  The security guy  smaller than Baltazar sounds like Wilber, and he hasn't worked there in over a year.:bald_head:  There also hasn't been a "chick" working the front desk in an even longer amount of time:bald_head:

your correct, its been almost a year since my last visit to HDS, and yes i believe wilber was his name. i didnt see him last time but it wasnt his night to work but i didnt know he wasnt working there anymore. And now that you mention the "chick" not being there i think remember marcos mentioning to me last time that she was gone. I was bitching about her scamming me and i think thats when he told me she was gone. Thanks for the updated info on HDS, stay safe amigo!

7 hours ago, TJDah said:

your correct, its been almost a year since my last visit to HDS, and yes i believe wilber was his name. i didnt see him last time but it wasnt his night to work but i didnt know he wasnt working there anymore. And now that you mention the "chick" not being there i think remember marcos mentioning to me last time that she was gone. I was bitching about her scamming me and i think thats when he told me she was gone. Thanks for the updated info on HDS, stay safe amigo!

Yea Wilber was known for scamming and stealing from hotel guest.  I don't know why it took so long to get rid of him.  And as nice as she was, I believe the "chick" you are referring to is Gladys.  She and Wilber were caught  working together scamming a client at least a couple of times.  For me it was difficult to believe that Gladys had been involved, but  I guess , "you never know".   Most of the people that work there are good, honest people, but when a "bad apple" surfaces, it generally takes the hotel a long time to get rid of them.  I'm not sure why:bald_head:

6 hours ago, smoothburnn said:

Yea Wilber was known for scamming and stealing from hotel guest.  I don't know why it took so long to get rid of him.  And as nice as she was, I believe the "chick" you are referring to is Gladys.  She and Wilber were caught  working together scamming a client at least a couple of times.  For me it was difficult to believe that Gladys had been involved, but  I guess , "you never know".   Most of the people that work there are good, honest people, but when a "bad apple" surfaces, it generally takes the hotel a long time to get rid of them.  I'm not sure why:bald_head:

Im not sure what her name was, she was on the younger side (under 40) and kinda cute, and seemed really nice but the few times i dealt with her there was always a problem. The last time i checked in and wilber was working he was all excited to see me as i walked in, then i counted my change after he brought me some stuff and i was like "oh, no wonder he was so excited to see me" lol I know many Amigos are more than happy to cause a scene if need be when being scammed, and i will too if its a large amount of money but for losses of $10 or less I prefer to just be polite, act like i dont notice, and simply never return, which is what ive done with HDS. And i hear you on not knowing why it takes so long to get rid of the bad apples, i think Marcos once told me they briefly were accepting online reservations (thru booking.com or something), maybe if they were still doing that the owner could read reviews and have a better idea of what the guests experiences are like. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, TJDah said:

owner could read reviews and have a better idea of what the guests experiences are like. 

Unfortunately  concern regarding the guest's  experience is not the highest priority.   Not to say that they don't care, but there's a lot of "politicking", "nepotism", and the such, and Peyton Place type of activity and  behavior.  And after all, it is Mexico, where many places Customer Service is not of the highest priority .  If you are a long time permanent resident or guest, you do receive quality  service &   treatment, and you do have access to the "Owner's Ear".  But the occasional or infrequent guest often receive a different level of care & service..  It is what it is.  I try to steer people clear of HDS, and have for a while.  Some that know me have a better understanding.   But stay there at your own risk:ph34r:

Edited by smoothburnn
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, smoothburnn said:

Unfortunately  concern regarding the guest's  experience is not the highest priority.   Not to say that they don't care, but there's a lot of "politicking", "nepotism", and the such.  And after all, it is Mexico, where many places Customer Service is not of the highest priority .  If you are a long time permanent resident or guest, you do receive quality  service &   treatment, and you do have access to the "Owner's Ear".  But the occasional or infrequent guest often receive a different level of care & service..  It is what it is.  I try to steer people clear of HDS, and have for a while.  Some that know me have a better understanding.   But stay there at your own risk:ph34r:

Thats what i thought was so ironic about the treatment i started receiving, while i wasnt a weekly visitor i was a relatively frequent stayer, to the extent that several of them knew me on a first name basis even when calling from the US for a reservation, and yet after a couple years suddenly the scams started. oh well. I posted a topic several weeks ago that i was looking for a new place to stay and what kind of situation im looking for and Reuben recommended la villa de zaragoza so im pretty excited to go check them out.