Hero
Sign in to follow this  
sampson

Amigos de Santa

fotofreak

Big gracias to @AZmookie for the $$$!! 

Today's border run will bring over all the Barbies and Hot Wheels and some of the big teddy bears..... :ph34r: 

• Like 5

sampson

Those last donations really helped.  I think a lot of our donators have not found us yet and donations are good but not like last year.  The kids are going to have a great surprise and we are doing a lot of last minute things.  Thanks for your support.

• Like 1

sampson

Bought another 2 boxes of the caramelo canes shown in my first post since there are 350 stockings. :)  Bought another 1000 pesos worth of candy at a dulceria in TJ called Dulceria Peninsular, and had a chance to visit with the manager, Roman, who gave me a bigger discount than I normally get as this is the first year he was in the store when I was there.  Looked for hot chocolate but did not find the right size boxes.  Grocery Outlet had boxes of 6 and there is no was I am walking with 60 boxes.

• Like 2

sampson

I am not sure why my computer changes pics to sideways...however this is their card and they do more than sell candy...so give them some play if you are having a party.

20181217_140932.jpg

• Like 1

sampson

I rotated it and will see how this works.

20181217_140932.jpg

• Like 1

sampson

Can't believe this.   Ticuan is backing out of their promise to let us use their salon or conference room or whatever it is called.  I hope to update this thread soon for those planning to help.   I know El Torito would do it, but they are on the second floor and we have a lot of stuff to haul.

• Sad 2

SuperPerro

Jesus! They always let us pack there! Bitches!

sampson

I think we got bumped because someone is paying for the room.   I am going to talk to El Torito in a few minutes.

• Agreed 1

sampson

We now have El Torito back room reserved and he will provide people take our stuff upstairs since there's a lot and hope this message gets spread around to those that were going to help us put the stockings together. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow at 5 p.m..

• Like 2

fotofreak

Whew!  Most of the bears are crossed over now along with piles of those little ponies and Hot Wheels and the goodie bags for the older girls.  :)  

We'll be wrapping the Barbies and Hot Wheels and ponies and whatnot today, too, when we load up the stockings..... swing through to El Torito (probably upstairs in the back room) today at 5 if you wanna help for a few.... 

(and yes, we have even MORE bears than shown... this is about 30 of them!!)

IMG_20181219_151247.thumb.jpg.1d9ca5baaf8edee15856ef6d24a74cec.jpg

• Like 5

sampson

New gear for Santa

IMG-20181220-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sampson

Thanks to Kahlua-Man for his donation

• Like 2

sampson

Met a young lady last night and we hit it off and in the morning I saw her sending texts to someone listed as "Gringo #7"...she had asked for my number and just out of curiosity I asked her to call me so I could save her number, and I watched her call "Gringo # 8" and my phone started ringing.  I saved her number as "Mexicana #1.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Melcher Dingle

I hope Gringos 1-7 are not the jealous type

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Bill2455

how did the stocking stuffing go?  Wish I could be there to help and do some other “stuffing” later.  

• Haha 1

GuntherMT

Wish I could have been there, and it sucks that Ticuan backed out with such short notice.  Glad El Torito was able to accomodate you though.

Have fun handing out the goodies on Monday, again, wish I could be there!

• Like 2

sampson

Gringo Claus just wants to say thanks for all your support.   It should be a great night and looking forward to seeing those of you helping distribute the gifts.

20181224_124952_001.jpg

• Like 8

sampson

Finally finished.  Spent less than 4 hours in the street and started in the Western part of the Zona Norte and saw some people we have not see before.  Even ran into a guy that owned a toy store in San Diego that wants to help next year with some donations. :)

Not sure I should post pics with kids on the site but here are a few I can post for sure

8.jpg

10.jpg

18.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 11

fotofreak

As usual, a good time was had by all!  Super big GRACIAS to all y'all that donated to make it happen this year..... and a big gracias to @Melcher Dingle's chica and to one of the MLB chicas for stuffing stockings and wrapping all the gifts at El Torito with us.

I forgot to shoot a pic of everything all wrapped and stacked but I did shoot a couple pics of some of the gifts before we wrapped.

IMG_20181220_180752.thumb.jpg.15c1fed41e3ed5cc8ed8e31930336a55.jpg

IMG_20181220_180803.thumb.jpg.a276def6795a6fe4d01cdbcba0f157fa.jpg

The back of the "sleigh" loaded up with regalos y calcetíns.

IMG_20181224_154103.thumb.jpg.568872d64e639d7f3d2fd73f28bd16e5.jpg

We adorned the sleighs with those antler and red nose things and then headed out.  When we hit the streets, there was almost an antler incident but Gringo Claus caught it!  (note: sadly, that antler was later lost to the streets of Zona Norte in all the hubbub....)

IMG_20181224_152535.thumb.jpg.ad53d9d3156733529906eac6382174fc.jpg

Gringo Claus in his fancy new suit was loved by all and he was asked to pose for many pictures with kids and adults!

IMG-20181225-WA0009.thumb.jpg.d2cd1f37f4ff14cdc3c34b110ecd0a25.jpg

Again, thanks to everyone who donated and helped...... it's a blast to do this each year and we look forward to next year.... :cheers:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sampson

I was a celebrity for 4 hours.....cannot fathom how many grown men wanted selfies with Santa Claus.  We we were finished we got something to eat at Taqueria La Chuleta and I removed my wig and beard.  I had promised my neighbor I would visit their house when I got back, so I was putting my wig and beard back on and a mesera and mesero came flying out for two more selfies.  I can go another year without that attention. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Melcher Dingle

Its not to early to start thinking about next year. These nice size stuffed animals can be found on sale at your local walmart for around $2.49. I already hunted down about 60 of them. I was getting questioned on what I was going to do with a cart full of  stuffed animals. When I mentioned Amigo de Santa one older lady wanted to donate a small amount towards the purchase.

20181226_142725.jpg

Edited by Melcher Dingle
  • Like 7

Sign in to follow this