U.S. Borders draw Russians & Ukranians

PsiFlash

https://www.axios.com/us-border-migrants-russia-ukraine-651b35ab-8cf1-480c-afe5-8961e9c98e45.html

Amusing how by the time than most Mexicans have decided against crossing into the U.S. after learning for decades it is not worth it, now the rest of the world comes in trying to do it thinking it is easy to do so. That and the diversification of cartels to human smuggling, since drugs don't seem to pay the bills anymore.  

• Like 2

Very interesting that you just posted this because I've been noticing a lot of Russian and Ukranian people in TJ lately. I hear a lot of people speaking on their cell phones in Russian.

So, first TJ had a big Asian population, then Haitian, and now Russian/Ukranian may be next.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, PsiFlash said:

The international influx is interesting. But unsure if it is worrisome or not. 

The question is how many are sneaking across the border......and what are their backgrounds?  CBP has already said they are intercepting more and more people that are not from Latin America.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Sargon said:

The question is how many are sneaking across the border......and what are their backgrounds?  CBP has already said they are intercepting more and more people that are not from Latin America.

I guess but this is and has been happening for decades.  It's happening this very minute for fucks sake.

There are empathic folks that leave gallons and gallons of water in the desert for these people who already have maps where the water is.

Many make it and many don't.  Me, I simply don't want any terrorist fucks crossing successfully.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, PsiFlash said:

https://www.axios.com/us-border-migrants-russia-ukraine-651b35ab-8cf1-480c-afe5-8961e9c98e45.html

Amusing how by the time than most Mexicans have decided against crossing into the U.S. after learning for decades it is not worth it, now the rest of the world comes in trying to do it thinking it is easy to do so. That and the diversification of cartels to human smuggling, since drugs don't seem to pay the bills anymore.  

Unfortunately, I think very soon these Russians and Ukrainians will have very legitimate sanctuary/refugee claims. They might not have to pay traffickers and coyotes to walk through the desert.

• Sad 3

Good size Russian and Ukrainian crowd living in East County - La Mesa, El Cajon (besides the shitload of Chaldeans - Iraq Christians). Many Russians and Ukrainians have vacations homes/condos in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) in Sonora....  

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread is now locked.  Please keep all discussion regarding this topic to the thread linked below.  Subforum password is NoTrolling

• Like 2
  • Agreed 1