Shorts and Kirklands in August?

Jefffffrey

I'm not really a newby, but this question is.  After going more than a year in shorts or sweats working at home, the thought of wearing jeans in August is a little tough.

I know we joke about amigos wearing cargo shorts and Kirklands, but what is the official Amigo stance on shorts during hot days?

• Haha 3

Shorts are fine.  I prefer khaki-type shorts with a belt but I see guys wearing basketball/workout shorts around Zona all the time.

In general, being showered and having $$$$ in your wallet is really all you need. :money:

• Like 7
Posted (edited)

Cool shorts on fatter guys.

10 Booming Uber-Stylish Plus Size Outfit Ideas For Men

Big mens summer fashion

fatshort.jpg

Seriously these fat dudes look good in them shorts.  Being fat doesn't hold one from wearing shorts, just got to know how to put it together in my view.

Edited by Dulla
  • Like 1
  • Agreed 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, c-diddy said:

Yes.

Only critique is the missing the knee high tube socks.

1240836113_dadshoes.JPG.9dca92e74faa97607c53919d55d21e09.JPG

Those shoes are great though.  Almost makes the socks not matter.

• Agreed 1
  • Haha 1

Last Thursday during the day I saw many guys wearing shorts.  I was less comfortable in my jeans, but felt better dressed and more appropriate.  

• Like 2
  • Agreed 1

This topic always makes me laugh because I see local Mexicanos all over Mexico wearing shorts all the time...

Not just in TJ.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PLM&M said:

This topic always makes me laugh because I see local Mexicanos all over Mexico wearing shorts all the time...

Not just in TJ.

Yes.

Our model is doing the crip walk, sporting pressed shorts over the knee, and clean tube socks.  Only critique is lack of white cross trainers.

154736uhvhsphbjeshshhp.jpeg.ea2d96afa36dc97e80c13841c5b73494.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Reuben said:

Shorts are fine.  I prefer khaki-type shorts with a belt but I see guys wearing basketball/workout shorts around Zona all the time.

In general, being showered and having $$$$ in your wallet is really all you need. :money:

i push it further. shorts and flip-flops. kinda like tomjakin’s post.

Edited by Jascoi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Jascoi said:

i push it further. shorts and flip-flops. kinda like tomjakin’s post.

Terrible.  Shorts and flipflops, no masculinity

Edited by Dulla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I only wear shorts to run or gym.  Not even to the pool or beach unless it is my swimsuit. Avoid flipflops, like plage.

Very often Basic Black. Dont ask, its a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wear jeans in Bangkok in April, so I'm used to being in long pants. In most countries I've visited shorts are considered children's clothing. The main exception is at the beach, or beach cities, where everybody's wearing them. 

• Like 5
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AllanSmithy said:

I wear shorts when it's hot, I'm an old gringo paying for sex , who am I impressing?

i rather wear long pants never know if you going to walk in or near some poison oak/ivy

Edited by vegasrick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I never wear jeans to a strip club. Not because I'm trying to be fancy. I just remember a stripper once telling me how much she appreciated my khakis because she gets chafed skin from rubbing on jeans all day. I always try to wear soft pants ever since then. Feels good for me, too.

I only started wearing shorts in the past few years, since losing a lot of weight. I know that fatter guys can get away with shorts, like in @Dulla's pics above. But I never felt comfortable. Since losing weight, my legs are really muscular and I've been told by a few people that they are my best feature, so I wear shorts a lot more now. I'm starting to get comfortable with them.

It doesn't help that when my parents were kids, it was a thing to not buy long pants for boys until they were older, so they wouldn't outgrow them so fast or ruin them playing outside. Being allowed to wear long pants was a milestone for a young boy. That was never an issue for me, but my dad would often refer to someone as "too young for long pants".

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, AllanSmithy said:

Also I've had more than one chica slide her hand up my shorts when having a ficha, so thats kind of fun.

THIS!  I was waiting for someone, gracias!  More times than I can remember and it got better almost every time after.  :yahooo:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, AllanSmithy said:

Also I've had more than one chica slide her hand up my shorts when having a ficha, so thats kind of fun.

Same, same, bbbjs as well. That is crazy.   Fun.... Fun....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1