Hero
Sign in to follow this  
tjtim

Hola Amigos - 29YOM From Midwest USA

tjtim

My name is Tim and I'm 29 years old from the midwest.  In less than two weeks a few friends and I are flying to San Diego to go on a bender in TJ all weekend.  I have never been but my friends have.  This forum has been super helpful and I've already spent hours reading up!  Cannot wait for our trip and to meet some nice ladies of Zona Norte!  We are planning on parking at the border and walking across.  I have seen that land borders are still restricted to "non-essential travel."  I consider finding a nice latina for some "arriba" time to be essential but will I have any issues trying to go into mexico or will I need to say I'm there for business?

Edited by tjtim
  • Like 6

Don Pisto

You should be fine. If anyone asks tell them that you are going for Dental work.

After October 21, 2020, you may not need to have a reason, since TJ may be open again for non-essential travel.

But, just in case have an excuse like Dental or Medical or you are helping a "friend" pay her rent, etc.

Returning to USA, no need to have an excuse, since by law, if you are an American citizen you will be allowed entry regardless!!

If any questions PM me.

Have FUN!

• Like 3
  • Agreed 1

Reuben

If you're going with a crew of friends and are concerned about crossing into Mexico, split up as you walk across into customs but it really shouldn't be an issue.

Depending on how long you want to stay in TJ itself, you might consider taking a trolley or an Uber to the border rather than renting a car at the airport only to leave it parked all weekend, especially because parking on the weekend at the border is expensive ($25+/day).

• Like 4

Jefffffrey

I think you should extend your stay for a day or so.  That way you can enjoy going solo after your friends leave.

• Like 3
  • Agreed 1

thaikhan
1 hour ago, Reuben said:

If you're going with a crew of friends and are concerned about crossing into Mexico, split up as you walk across into customs but it really shouldn't be an issue.

Depending on how long you want to stay in TJ itself, you might consider taking a trolley or an Uber to the border rather than renting a car at the airport only to leave it parked all weekend, especially because parking on the weekend at the border is expensive ($25+/day).

I second this.  Every time I fly in I never get a car.  I just Uber/Lyft to the border or take public transportation if I'm well ahead of check-in time.

• Like 2

Moose

Dude, walking from the San Diego airport to the boarder is good exercise. What makes me get through the boarder faster when returning to San Diego is just giving the boarder guard my Midwesterner D.L. first even before my passport.  It's automatic they will just waive you through without even looking at your face. They know what you were doing in TJ. I always just walk right up to the boarder guard, hand them my Michigan D.L. and say "Moose Szwitzgroenberg, US citizen, how may I help you!" 

• Haha 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this