Hero
Surfer 123

Sonora highway carjacking

Diggy
54 minutes ago, Blazers said:

an old Mexicana is a ripe target

I think driving with a senorita would be a riper target!

• Like 2

Blazers
1 minute ago, Diggy said:

I think driving with a senorita would be a riper target!

Yes, true that.  Both are bad optics.

• Like 1

Don Pisto

The only point I would like to make, is in my experience the route that I discussed--San Luis Rey to Puerto Penasco, is fairly busy with many commercial and local traffic!

In fact, if you pull over to take a couple minute "pit-stop" (You guys know what I mean--there's not alot of bathrooms around)-you need to watch that a passing vehicle doesn't

see you! So, being that we will be traveling prime time (0900-1300) on a Thursday, that this will deter a carjacking experience?? There's always plenty of traffic on this well 

traveled section of MEX-3.

(Note: I could travel solo as well)--note taking a bus isn't an option for me, since I love the freedom of having my own vehicle.

Thoughts folks????????

• Like 1

Sargon
1 hour ago, Don Pisto said:

The only point I would like to make, is in my experience the route that I discussed--San Luis Rey to Puerto Penasco, is fairly busy with many commercial and local traffic!

In fact, if you pull over to take a couple minute "pit-stop" (You guys know what I mean--there's not alot of bathrooms around)-you need to watch that a passing vehicle doesn't

see you! So, being that we will be traveling prime time (0900-1300) on a Thursday, that this will deter a carjacking experience?? There's always plenty of traffic on this well 

traveled section of MEX-3.

(Note: I could travel solo as well)--note taking a bus isn't an option for me, since I love the freedom of having my own vehicle.

Thoughts folks????????

Sounds like you are minimizing the risks, but some risk is still there.  I would do it.

• Like 2

vegasrick
15 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Sounds like you are minimizing the risks, but some risk is still there.  I would do it.

agree, 

its bad people all over sooner or later you will run into one 

• Like 1

Davochristo

Can somebody who knows the area well mark a map to let us know where these events are occurring please?

Davochristo

Can somebody who knows the area well mark a map to let us know where these events are occurring please?

Surfer 123
1 hour ago, Davochristo said:

Here you go.  The pin is where my friend was carjacked but the encircled area is where other carjackings have been happening unfortunately.  With highway 2 being the worst between the pin which is Y Griega and Santa Ana.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Don Pisto

@Surfer 123. great thanks!

Right, this has always been a cartel infused area!

I will limit myself to staying NORTH of Puerto Penasco, and certainly realize that anyone can be a victim at any time, any where.

Just have to weigh the odds.

Thanks for sharing the area of interest!

VIVA MEXICO!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.