Help a noob plan his TJ trip

california.dude9

I want to go down there in the next week or two weeks at the most.

I plan on setting up a legitimate dentist appointment (yes I actually do need it) in the morning or afternoon, staying the night, then leaving the next morning.

I'll probably stay at Cascadas. I want to get a few SGs, maybe even bring them back to my room. I might also be down for a BG or two. However I do not want to go into the speakeasies, as cool as they look.

Any tips or pointers?

• Like 1

The speakeasies are closed and it looks like probably for good.  Don't count on them.  Zero BGs available except for those that may now be working as SGs.  If you see a super hot SG, she is probably an HK BG desperate for business.  It will be interesting if they will accept the $500mx sin ropa, todo positions 30 minute SG pricing.  They are used to upwards of four times that. 

Staying at Cascadas is a good idea.  You can bring as many SGs that are willing up to your room.  Cascadas doesn't care; it is merely whether or not the girl will go to Cascadas.  

• Like 1

What word do people use in Tijuana for the expression "speakeasies"?  Does anyone know?  Some dictionaries have translations but could be of elsewhere or incorrect anyway, meaning not giving the correct sentiment. 

Here is a list I found used in Mexico.  Not sure if this is correct or is used in Tijuana.

México: cinturón de miseria,

colonia/barrio marginal,

zona marginal,

ciudad perdida,

asentamiento paracaidista,

invasión,

colonia baja,

barrio bajo,

cartolandia,

barriada 

arrabales

Edited by Dulla
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, Dulla said:

What word do people use in Tijuana for the expression "speakeasies"?  Does anyone know?  Some dictionaries have translations but could be of elsewhere or incorrect anyway, meaning not giving the correct sentiment. 

They probably don't bother categorizing it the way we do. I imagine if I head over there anytime soon I'll just go to whoever's at the entrance and ask "Hay chicas?" and they'll take me to whatever they have set up. They probably just refer to the new setup as "chicas en el hotel" or something super simple like that. Just my guess. If you asked them about a speakeasy they'd probably just say (in English) "I don't know about that man but we got ladies, we got beer, we got music, whatever you want man, come up." And if you ask for a specific chica, whether she's there or not, they'll say "yeah yeah man, she's here, she waiting for you man." And then once you're in the door he changes his tune and starts asking the other meseros if they've ever heard of the chica you're asking about. (sorry, too much personal experience thrown in there. :coverlaugh:)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mexico.sky said:

They probably don't bother categorizing it the way we do. I imagine if I head over there anytime soon I'll just go to whoever's at the entrance and ask "Hay chicas?" and they'll take me to whatever they have set up. They probably just refer to the new setup as "chicas en el hotel" or something super simple like that. Just my guess. If you asked them about a speakeasy they'd probably just say (in English) "I don't know about that man but we got ladies, we got beer, we got music, whatever you want man, come up." And if you ask for a specific chica, whether she's there or not, they'll say "yeah yeah man, she's here, she waiting for you man." And then once you're in the door he changes his tune and starts asking the other meseros if they've ever heard of the chica you're asking about. (sorry, too much personal experience thrown in there. :coverlaugh:)

The expression is usually a slang, that is true everywhere, not only in the US or Mexico.  I was just curious. 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Dulla said:

The expression is usually a slang, that is true everywhere, not only in the US or Mexico.  I was just curious. 

If they were to use a word, I would assume it would be clandestino

• Like 2

I've been thinking that given the border crossing wait times these days, I might just head down near sundown. Then I can get a room in the Zona and link up with some SGs and possibly a BG or two. Then I can head back to the US between the hours of midnight and 3am.

It's normal waking hours for me anyway. I just hope I don't get asked any awkward questions by CBP O.o

• Like 4