New Here, Never Been to TJ

looksee

14 minutes ago, looksee said:

So I've been on this forum nearly an entire year, and I finally only just now booked a flight for my first TJ trip!

In a couple weeks, I'm flying in on a Saturday night and back out on a Tuesday. I'm thinking for a first trip I should just spend three nights at Cascadas, but I'm not 100% decided yet.

I have a few quick noob questions. Should I post them here or start a new thread?

Depending on your tolerance for noise and hard beds, I'd say book in at Cascadas for all three.  If noise or shitty beds aren't your scene, go for Ticuan or Aqua Rio.

I say just post in this thread for your questions.  The mods will move it if it needs to be elsewhere.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, fotofreak said:

If noise or shitty beds aren't your scene

BUT, he can get both, noise and shitty beds, at the same time...lucky bastard! :jumping_dude:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Ok, bunch of newbie questions incoming:

1) My flight gets into SAN very late on Saturday. Can I take an Uber from SAN across the border all the way to HK? Or should I Uber/taxi to border, walk across, taxi to HK?

2) I'm guessing a reservation is required to get a room at Hotel Cascadas for Saturday? (I would be arriving around midnight.)

3) If I reserve three nights but only stay two, will they try to hassle/charge me for checking out early?

4) I sweat a lot during activities. Can I get them to change sheets multiple times a day? Should I get a room with two beds? Or should I ask for extra sheets and change them myself? Or do you all just sleep in dirty sheets?

5) Nearby street girls will be willing to go to my room in Cascadas, right?

6) Will girls from other clubs (e.g. Adelita) go to my room at Cascadas? Or would I need a short-time room there?

7) I've read that meseros will pressure you to buy drinks. What if I don't want to get drunk? Will they hassle me if I take an hour to sip one beer?

I'm probably overthinking all this a bit. I'm sure once I'm on the ground I'll just figure things out as I go. It's just that I'm bit anxious since it is my first time doing anything like this.

1.  Uber will not cross into TJ.  You need to uber to the border and walk across and taxi to Cascadas or if lucky, catch the HK shuttle at the border.

2.  Need reservation.  Ask for late check in as they will not hold a room past ???  not sure, but check the website

3. You need to pay for the reserved days at checkin.

4. The room guys are there all day and night and a small tip will get them to change your sheets.

5.  Not all street girls will travel to Cascadas.  You need to ask.  Some will upcharge.  Some will go if you up the time.  Some will not go at all.

6.  Other bar girls will not go to Cascadas unless they sneak away from their bars.  Not normal for this to happen.

7.  I baby my drinks all the time as I do not drink heavily nor do I want to be drunk.  If you have a drink, they will not bother you.  

This is my perceptions.  Others opinions may differ.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1
35 minutes ago, looksee said:

1) My flight gets into SAN very late on Saturday. Can I take an Uber from SAN across the border all the way to HK? Or should I Uber/taxi to border, walk across, taxi to HK?

Can I take an Uber from SAN across the border all the way to HK?- No

Or should I Uber/taxi to border, walk across, taxi to HK? - yes.

36 minutes ago, looksee said:

2) I'm guessing a reservation is required to get a room at Hotel Cascadas for Saturday? (I would be arriving around midnight.)

Reservation is not necessary but highly recommended.  Saturday arriving midnight is highly unlikely you get a room with no reservation.

37 minutes ago, looksee said:

3) If I reserve three nights but only stay two, will they try to hassle/charge me for checking out early?

No, but your money will not be returned.

38 minutes ago, looksee said:

4) I sweat a lot during activities. Can I get them to change sheets multiple times a day? Should I get a room with two beds? Or should I ask for extra sheets and change them myself? Or do you all just sleep in dirty sheets?

I sweat a lot during activities. Can I get them to change sheets multiple times a day?  -  This is not normal but is possible with lots of Tip. Better option is to ask them initially when you get in to your room ask the workers to give you extra sheets and towles. Don't ask the lobby guys.  You will need to Tip the workers $3, $4 or so.

Or should I ask for extra sheets and change them myself?  - yes this is what I wrote just above

Or do you all just sleep in dirty sheets?- you don't have to.  Whenever you have sex cover the bed with one of the extra sheets and when done remove that.  Never have sex inside you sleeping sheets.

48 minutes ago, looksee said:

5) Nearby street girls will be willing to go to my room in Cascadas, right?

Yes, those who stand close to Cas, will.  There are others who can possible come with you to Cas as well.  Ask them.

49 minutes ago, looksee said:

6) Will girls from other clubs (e.g. Adelita) go to my room at Cascadas? Or would I need a short-time room there?

Other club girls will not come to anyother Hotel attached to another club, the only exception being the BT and HK girls, can go to either to Cas or Rizo. For the rest you need a short time room or you need a room in their Hotel.

51 minutes ago, looksee said:

7) I've read that meseros will pressure you to buy drinks. What if I don't want to get drunk? Will they hassle me if I take an hour to sip one beer?

Meseros will hassle you but you don't need to oblige unless there is a girl with you. For her it is mandatory or she will leave you.  You will not be hassled to finish you drink and buy another, but if your glass is empty and you are sitting at a table expect to be hassled.

I don't drink and I'm also cheap. I buy a can of Coke and the waiters never know how much I have left, so if one asks me if I'm ready for another drink, I can just nod no. Another trick is I tend to move around a club or lean against a wall or pillar, which also prevents being bothered as opposed to sitting at a table. Then when I sit with a girl, I just hold it to one drink or two for her before we go upstairs or I decide to move on.

• Like 5
  • Agreed 1

Great answers from others. 

I'll just add to never - NEVER - be pressured to do anything by a mesero.  They are waiters, not club security or enforcers.  They work for you, you do not have to do anything they say, period.  If they keep coming around and checking your or the girls drink, tell them to fuck off and stop bothering you.  Seriously!  If they are reaching to check the girls drink, stop them and tell them to knock it off.  

They really have gotten ridiculous lately with the ficha checking and unless we start shutting them down, it will only get worse.  Be assertive and you will save money, LOL!

• Like 4
  • Agreed 2

There is a direct-to-HK option - spendy at $150USD though. https://www.hkmexpress.com/book-online

As to the pesky meseros, they are accustomed to hearing no. I don't even bother with that; I just throw my hand up and wave them off.  This also goes for street people/vendors.  They don't get mad and will immediately leave you alone without any further interaction.

Speaking of street folk, DO NOT talk to any locals who approach you speaking English.  Most likely they are deportees and trouble.  You don't need their help to find a girl or anything else nor do they need your help to buy a taco/get a room/pay their phone/what-the-fuck-ever.  Yes, there are couple of them down here who are good cats but they are few and far between so it's best to just avoid.

• Like 3
  • Agreed 2

Street-folk--Stony Tony--comes to mind!

He always needs money-I just give him a couple bucks--period--no mater which story he pulls!

Stony Tony!

• Like 3