TJ ?

Mustang 1995

51 minutes ago, Mustang 1995 said:

Staying in Sun Valley/ Burbank for couple month. Do I need to cross the border with Passport and ID or just ID? 

If you are talking about to get into Sun Valley/Burbank, no passport is necessary.  If you are talking about a trip to TJ, a passport makes things easiest, but you can get back in with a driver's license, although it may be a hassle.  Getting into Mexico with just a driver's license is a hit or miss proposition.

Bring your passport.

• Like 3

I'll add that it's worth it to get a passport card. Accepted as the only ID needed to both cross into Mexico and cross back to the U.S., it fits in your wallet, doesn't get stamped and lets you use the Ready Lane coming back to the U.S. if there's one available. Of course, with the current problems caused by Covid-19, there could be a long backup to order one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1

What @briguy said.

My foolproof system: I am a pedestrian crosser,  I use passport card to get into Mexico.  No stamps, smaller, easier to carry.  Less problems if lost.  Global Entry (or SENTRI) to get back into the US in order to be able to walk past the long lines and breeze back into the US with little wait.  

Worth the effort and cost for both if you are going to TJ very often.  Global Entry is worth every penny if you travel internationally.  I go all over the world and it has saved me hours upon arrival at airports in the US.  I often get through customs and get my luggage before seeing hardly anyone from my flights.  They're stuck in line when I am in my taxi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1
11 hours ago, Sargon said:

What @briguy said.

My foolproof system: I am a pedestrian crosser,  I use passport card to get into Mexico.  No stamps, smaller, easier to carry.  Less problems if lost.  Global Entry (or SENTRI) to get back into the US in order to be able to walk past the long lines and breeze back into the US with little wait.  

Worth the effort and cost for both if you are going to TJ very often.  Global Entry is worth every penny if you travel internationally.  I go all over the world and it has saved me hours upon arrival at airports in the US.  I often get through customs and get my luggage before seeing hardly anyone from my flights.  They're stuck in line when I am in my taxi.

mobile passport is a breeze too i'm  surprised not more people are using it and its free 

• Like 1
Just now, vegasrick said:

mobile passport is a breeze too i'm  surprised not more people are using it and its free 

Mobile Passport works when arriving in the US by air.  It came out not long ago but since I already had GE, I have not used it.  Mobile Passport won't help you for Mexico.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Mobile Passport works when arriving in the US by air.  It came out not long ago but since I already had GE, I have not used it.  Mobile Passport won't help you for Mexico.

yes just like you said  only international flying in at airports 

• Like 3

If I were looking to be a regular visitor to TJ in the future I'd be looking at Global Entry also.  You won't regret it.  Though it may take some time to get it.  

• Like 2
  • Agreed 1