Hero
Sign in to follow this  
IrwinFletch

Going to Tijuana for the first time in March

booger

i was extremely scared the first time i went to the zona. it was not developed as it is now. the streets were rougher with a lot of pot holes. but once

you check the area out. all your fears will cease. but your adrenal will go up with all that poontang thats available in the zona. 

• Like 3

Triflow69

Irwin, sorry I am late to your thread but don't worry so much about getting robbed, the danger level of Policia (or the "rateros") is very much exaggerated on these forums.  I would wager 10,000 pesos that no Policia will even glance at you. There is usually 1 or sometimes 2 Policia cars on the alley where the SG's are. Just walk right past them they are not going to bother you.

Advice for carrying your money, credit cards, etc:  put them in your pockets.

Advice for hotel: forget about Ticuan or Hotel Ceasers and stay at Hotel Cascadas or Rizo. Right in the middle of the action and there is nothing dangerous about staying there.  If you do decide to stay at Ticuan or Ceasers there is no need to Uber, just walk down Revolution, take a left at the Arch, look for the huge red building that says "Cascadas" and walk towards it. It is about a 13-15 min walk from Ticuan and you'll get to see TJ during the walk.

There is no reason to not use an ATM in TJ, that's how you get the best exchange rate.  The HSBC ATM in Soriana grocery store on Revo & 2nd is very convenient. So is the HSBC ATM at Calimax grocery store on Constitution and 2nd.  You could use the ATMs in the ZN but they charge a ripoff fee of 109 pesos and there's a 5000 peso limit I believe.  If you do stay at Ticuan there's an ATM at Sanborns Dept store 1/2 block from the hotel and it only charges a 17.5 peso fee. 

There is no reason to be back to your hotel by dark. The bars are 20x better after 8pm. Daytime sucks, in my opinion and HK is the only bar to even consider going to in the daytime, all others are dead. You aren't going to get robbed just because it is night time.

Bar advice: don't go to Adelita's, it seriously sucks bad and has for the last 5 years.  Meet up with a fellow monger in HK who can help steer you away from the sharky pros in HK who have worked there for many years.

Good luck!!  You'll be fine.  You may like the putas so much you might move to San Diego so you can be in the ZN 2-4 times a week like me :welcome:

• Like 3
  • Agreed 1

sampson

Always best to stay away from the action especially if you are planning on an overnight with a bar chica.  Play on their home turf and they will find reasons to have to leave. Read to many reports of Zona chicas slipping out.  

• Like 3

Triflow69

"Always" best to stay away from the action? Your advice is that people should not stay at Cascadas or Rizo?  That is nonsense. 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this