Jump to content
Hero
Sign in to follow this  
sampson

Sunday November 3

Recommended Posts

sampson

I thought it may be fun to get a small group together to go see the Beatles Tribute band play November 3 at 6pm at Tia Juana Tilly's.  These youngsters play the first Sunday of the month in Tilly's and they always pack the place.  Tilly's probably only can hold 200 to 300 people and the staff really work hard to be attentive to their guests.  It could be a fun event to take a date to and Cohuila chicas would be fine.   There is no cover charge and drinks are moderately priced.  If you spend $100 on drinks at your Zona Norte Bar you could most likely get by on less than $30.  There current exchange rate is 18.5 but that is subject to change without any notice, but the folks are quite honest and they will give you a detailed receipt on your purchase if you like. 

So if anyone is interested I am up to it, and by all means you don't need to bring a date.   If we have any interest I can reserve a table.  There are people of all ages there every time and the group does have their groupies, but they are way to young to look at the way we do.  It is a family bar so you do not need to be 18 and there will be families there for sure.  It is not a place where there are fights or problems, just folks having fun and some even go up by the stage to dance.  They do have TV screens everywhere so you can watch you Sunday night game if you have any interest, but the volume will be off of course.

If there is any interest you can post or pm me but I should have an idea of how big our crowd will be as many people reserve tables and I would need an idea of how big our crowd would be.  Probably should have an idea  by Monday October 28th.  I usually take a guy friend of mine and he was saying how much he wants to invite a lady next time and that would be fun, but not necessary.  

So if you have interest post here or send me a pm, and I will decide if it will happen during the week before November 3rd.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
soulcal

Sounds like it would be fun.  I'll keep you posted as the date gets closer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Carlafan

$100 on drinks? That's a LOT of drinks. Whoa.

And I can hold my own Beatles show, since I've known their songs for the last 30+ years on guitar. I bet these guys play up to Rubber Soul and then the last 3. I would be the more acoustic Blackbird/Julia/HCTS/Yesterday/etc. 

But me being darker skinned and playing at random spots in zona or Tj, run haole run away. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
sampson
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

$100 on drinks? That's a LOT of drinks. Whoa.

And I can hold my own Beatles show, since I've known their songs for the last 30+ years on guitar. I bet these guys play up to Rubber Soul and then the last 3. I would be the more acoustic Blackbird/Julia/HCTS/Yesterday/etc. 

But me being darker skinned and playing at random spots in zona or Tj, run haole run away. 

I often would spend $200 or more on buying fichas.  I don't go too often now I but when I  do, I buy one bucket of 5 and that normally is less than $50US.  Guys going to Coahuila can easily spend several hundred on drinks.

Edited by sampson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agreed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Carlafan

WOW!!!! I honestly had no idea. I thought you were kidding at spending $100 on drinks. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Haus
1 hour ago, sampson said:

Guys going to Coahuila can easily spend several hundred on drinks.

 

...except the guy who complains he keeps getting short changed 10 pesos from meseros.

:|

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
soulcal
51 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

WOW!!!! I honestly had no idea. I thought you were kidding at spending $100 on drinks. Thanks.

Years past I easily spent over $300 in HK.  :dunno: :D  :facepalm:

  • Agreed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Jefffffrey

What time does it start?

Share this post


Link to post
sampson
10 hours ago, sampson said:

I thought it may be fun to get a small group together to go see the Beatles Tribute band play November 3 at 6pm at Tia Juana Tilly's. 

I am guessing it starts at 6pm.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
sampson
7 hours ago, Haus said:

 

...except the guy who complains he keeps getting short changed 10 pesos from meseros.

:|

And that same guy just missed his change 20 minutes earlier when he paid with a 100 bill.

Share this post


Link to post
sampson

Just checking again to see if there is any interest here.  I am pretty sure I will be there regardless, but I can reserve a table if we have a group as many tables get reserved there. I prefer to be in the back of the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
soulcal
1 hour ago, sampson said:

Just checking again to see if there is any interest here.  I am pretty sure I will be there regardless, but I can reserve a table if we have a group as many tables get reserved there. I prefer to be in the back of the room. 

Keep posting to remind us and the back of the room is fine. 

  • Agreed 1

Share this post


Link to post
sampson
5 minutes ago, soulcal said:

Keep posting to remind us and the back of the room is fine. 

I will for sure post next Monday as I will need to know how big of a group so I can reserve a table. They have tons of reservations when this group plays so I will have to ask for a table on Tuesday.  I purposely posted today as too many people do not see the site over the weekends.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Diggy

Hey Samps, I'm interested in this Beatles event. Gonna ask some of my zona lovebirds that also like the Beatles too to come join me!

Share this post


Link to post
sampson

Great

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...