Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Diggy

Hotel Cascadas

spikebites
Posted (edited)

is the master suite that big of an upgrade over a single room?  is it much bigger in size? do they all have stripper poles?

Edited by spikebites

Jdavid1976
11 minutes ago, spikebites said:

is the master suite that big of an upgrade over a single room?  is it much bigger in size? do they all have stripper poles?

Yes a big upgrade.  Jacuzzi and larger size.

• Thanks 1

KCQuestor
14 hours ago, spikebites said:

However they do NOT all have stripper poles. I've stayed in three different Master Suites and none had a stripper pole. They also didn't have the sex swing or the bench shown in the pic on the site. I wouldn't stay there at the regular rate, as I don't think it is worth the cost just for the extra space (I've yet to find a chica who cares about the Jacuzzi). . However on a Monday/Tuesday with VIP, it's well worth the $11 upgrade over a regular room.

• Like 2
  • Agreed 1

spikebites
2 hours ago, KCQuestor said:

However they do NOT all have stripper poles. I've stayed in three different Master Suites and none had a stripper pole. They also didn't have the sex swing or the bench shown in the pic on the site. I wouldn't stay there at the regular rate, as I don't think it is worth the cost just for the extra space (I've yet to find a chica who cares about the Jacuzzi). . However on a Monday/Tuesday with VIP, it's well worth the $11 upgrade over a regular room.

Yeah, I booked the Master Suite for tonight.. for $10 extra might as well.. still cheap enough.

Haus

I had a room on the 5th floor and these dudes banging would not let me sleep off my hang over in peace.     :facepalm:

Casc-1.jpg.66e98bb62822a78818c5ee9964a45356.jpg

Casc-2.jpg.d9148d2afb93bb87ea761b093754424f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jiriaya
On 5/10/2019 at 12:23 PM, Jiriaya said:

Room 355 - Standard Master Suite with Jacuzzi( no pics). 2 problems with this room  -1. No internet access ( the hotspot shows up with good strength but was unable to connect to it 99% of the time ) - I was told that the problem was with the number  of people on the Wifi service but when I walked down the hall to the front of hotel , internet connected with no issue.. 2. Loud noise - if you are a light sleeper this will be a problem.

Room 650 - A Double Master Suite with jacuzzi & stripper pole. I liked this room because of the stripper pole and seating area. Internet access was great. Three minor problems with this room - 1. no windows. 2. The TV is small and is blocked by the stripper pole if you sleep in the bed to the right. 3. Because the room number is 650 , people will wrong dial looking for Restaurant Azul(best to unplug the phone if you don't want those late night calls).  I have stayed here twice.

20190325_193854.thumb.jpg.4843f10090efbf160c27d72601457566.jpg20190325_193849.thumb.jpg.7c74adb10b8824ed2a3b668868a48b10.jpg20190325_193843.thumb.jpg.3c916cc9874e6b122b057c5c254fde39.jpg

20190325_193913.thumb.jpg.63e53e0263752a640d53832c61b48f7f.jpg

20190325_193922a.thumb.jpg.c46d0b09480db4ae4970ebf37b3ee79c.jpg

Stayed here again recently , they have upgraded to a bigger TV , at least 50 inches I think.

Haus

Casc-3.jpg.d3e065e21bf51beda03a83f47c341a9e.jpg

• Like 2

Haus

There she goes, there she goes again. 

Casc-2.jpg.57bc27b1a75e1f4216c7a4471123b869.jpg

• Like 3

Dulla
On 7/15/2018 at 9:09 PM, Bigtyme said:

Looking for a little help/suggestion. I’ve never considered staying at cascadas except for once when everything else was booked. I got a confirmation email that I was good to go. I show up at just past midnight. Guy behind the counter says room is no longer available as it was released at midnight. Website said 2am. But I know better than to try and argue with Mexican business practices... There are no rules. So that left a bad taste in my mouth. But That was a few years ago. 

Now I will be there Monday and Tuesday. Which from what I know is a good time to capitalize on discounted rates. 

Im wondering if it makes sense to give it a shot. I’m hesitant because it’s $50 for the VIP card which in itself is what I will pay for my room outside the zona. The trade off is the obvious...I won’t have to pay if I go up. 

Pros: no additional charges for going up.  Right in the action. Much better rooms for dirt cheap. 

Cons: limited to HK action. No AB/CC etc. can kiss outside guests goodbye. And will need to buy a VIP card for that sole purpose. If I was a frequent visitor as I’d LOVE to be its a no brainer. But going every 2-3 months and usually on weekends, I’m wondering if the VIP card is much benefit. 

Also, read that if I let the hotel know ahead of time I have a VIP card they might want to give me a crappy room. Is this true? How do I get around this? Disclose after I confirm I get a good room? 

I figure at 80% it makes sense to get a jacuzzi room even. $100 turns to $20! Is it really that simple? 

Thanks for any words of wisdom amigos!

Forget the Jacuzzi, it is overrated,  you won't spend more than an hour in it never to repeat.  The Jacuzzi rooms are larger though.  In any case your points stating you go there once every 3 Months is a good one  Weigh in the pros and cons. if you don' have a room every time you take a girl up you get in line to dish out $18.00 for a short room and some Talachero will knock on your door on a whim asking you to leave, and If you need drinks you have to buy it from the club in an elevated price,  you need to buy condoms and lubes unless you keep them in your pocket. Now HK charge entrance fee $7 on each of  Thur, Fridays and Saturdays after 7PM.  You can avoid these with the VIP card,  plus you get 20% room discounts and one free drink a day that costs up to $12.00.  You can invite call girls or anyone to your room as long as they signs at the desk, it is a hotel and you are entitled for visitations. 

You don't tell them you have a VIP card nor they ask you when you reserve rooms online.  You can ask for specific room # but you are not guaranteed to get it.  

• Like 1

Dr K

I asked reception the last time I was there about the central AC. They said that they can control each room's temp individually from their central control at reception. Do you guys believe this? Do any of the rooms have the old individual AC units still, where you have the remote control to set your temp and fan speed?

Diggy
On 2/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, Diggy said:

Stayed in Cascadas a few days ago and noticed that you cannot adjust the room temperature anymore!! You  have to call reception and tell them how many degrees you want your thermostat to be set at! I had mine set at 22c for my stay.

In the past the temperature would display on the thermostat but not anymore!

Seems like Cascadas now has a Central Temperature Command Center!!

WTF, how does this new policy save them dinero on their electrical utility bill???

KCQuestor

I stayed in a Master Suite last month and it had a thermostat in the room. I was able to adjust the temperature and it seemed to work, but that may have been psychological. I didn't think about it again.

Haus
37 minutes ago, KCQuestor said:

I was able to adjust the temperature and it seemed to work, but that may have been psychological. 

You were able to change the temperature with your mind?  

That's Amazing!!!      :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haus

V-1.thumb.jpg.bd9971b43dfa039668163ee3d4b1906c.jpg

Bubby
11 hours ago, Haus said:

V-1.thumb.jpg.bd9971b43dfa039668163ee3d4b1906c.jpg

La Valentina is my favorite.

• Like 1

Maverick

I’m hoping someone can give advise or encouragement on room reservations at this hotel. I’ve completely struck out reserving rooms online.

the night I got my HK VIP card I immediately went to the hotel desk to book a room at 80% discount and was told that I was in luck as a guy no-showed for his reservation and I got a master suite for the $22. So happy.

since that night I’ve tried to reserve online about 6 different attempts and each time it says someone will be in contact shortly.  Then complete silence - no email, nada.  I always ask at front desk and they say to book far in advance.  So today I attempted to book a suite 5 weeks out and got the same “someone will be in touch shortly” prompt and then nothing all day.

what am I doing wrong? 

KCQuestor

Have you checked your spam filter? They usually get back to me within a few days. 

• Agreed 1

Haus

I agree, there's usually a confirmation within a reasonable time after getting the auto-reply. I don't book far in advance, usually a couple days before, so I can't comment on your 5-weeks in advance situation.

spikebites
16 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I’m hoping someone can give advise or encouragement on room reservations at this hotel. I’ve completely struck out reserving rooms online.

the night I got my HK VIP card I immediately went to the hotel desk to book a room at 80% discount and was told that I was in luck as a guy no-showed for his reservation and I got a master suite for the $22. So happy.

since that night I’ve tried to reserve online about 6 different attempts and each time it says someone will be in contact shortly.  Then complete silence - no email, nada.  I always ask at front desk and they say to book far in advance.  So today I attempted to book a suite 5 weeks out and got the same “someone will be in touch shortly” prompt and then nothing all day.

what am I doing wrong? 

it's in your spam folder.. 

Maverick

Ok. I have not felt this stupid in a long time. Looks like every time I tried to reserve a room, I actually did (including the 5 weeks out one). I’m going away now. Thank you. 

• Haha 3

Haus
4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Ok. I have not felt this stupid in a long time.

...how nice not to feel stupid for long stretches of time, I should be so lucky.

• Agreed 2
  • Haha 1

Dr K

So I was in a Master Suite here at Cascadas 2 weeks ago. I was on the 6th floor in the old section of rooms. I noticed a lot of construction in the morning and it turned out it was directly above my room. Apparently, they're adding to the old section, building upwards. As they're hammering away, I could see construction dust falling with every hammer, highlighted by the ceiling spotlights. There was a coating of dust on all the marble surfaces. As I was at reception, there was another dude there also from the 6th floor and he was complaining how an actual piece of ceiling fell down in his bathroom and he could see sky.

I switched to a Master in the new section on the 4th floor and I noticed the jacuzzi was filling up with brownish water. I drained it and filled it again and it was still brown. You can't really tell from the sink, shower, or toilet, but you can definitely tell in the tub. I call downstairs and they send a couple guys up from maintenance. They explained that it was due to sediment in their water tank (which was what I was thinking) AND/OR due to their current construction. So which one is it? They then say I just have to run the water... FOR A COUPLE HOURS! I said okay, and I did exactly that. I pulled out the drain plug for maximum draining speed and turned on the hot water. I then left the room and went to get tacos and dropped in on HK. I come back a couple hours later and filled the tub again and it's the same thing. I'm pretty sure the problem is their water heater.

I did stay the 1 more night, then switched back to my usual hotel at Rizo.

IMG_2987.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agreed 1
  • Sad 4