Hero
Sign in to follow this  
tapadopower

Hotel Ibiza

tapadopower

New building with loud music coming from the bottom floors.  The clean up boys and the idiots who work there makes this  place  to really suck.  The desk people just have no clue.  They do not even speak Spanish well.  I said WTF.  They could not understand what I was asking in Spanish.  I speak Spanish like a native speaker.  Avoid this place and girls from this place.  Specially some one who goes by the name of Dulce.  Thin and young.  She is a big time ROB.  A friend of mine told me about this place but could not believe him.  However, they will call the police on you quickly.  I do not get intimidated and spoke to police.  Little shits think they can scare you.  

This place sucks and will never stay there again. 

Gringo Sin Ropa

:bald_head: well ive had some special moments in that place xD, I wouldn't want to spend the night there, 20 mins is about all Ive spent there xD.

I have heard they are known for early knocks from the cumboys... but that wasnt an issue for me, or maybe I feeineeshed rapido xD.

I don't really like this hotel but still a huge step up from places like Eduardo or the now closed Venitia. 

• Like 2

PhordPhan

Wow. A shitty hotel with equally shitty employees. In one of the shittiest areas of Tijuana. Go figure! :dunno:

• Haha 2

sampson

Wait a minute.  I thought it was in a nice neighborhood in TJ?  They have chicas?   I thought they were on calle Sanchez Taboada?   They have chicas?

• Haha 1

Carlafan

I don't go "chica shopping" there anymore because they knock way too early and then 3 cleaners will stand with their hands out wanting propinas. Forget it. Too bad cause Ibiza chix r hawt. But nope, no mas.

sampson

I guess it must be a Zona Hotel.  Is it the hotel in the alley by Malquerida?

• Like 2

PhordPhan
4 minutes ago, sampson said:

I guess it must be a Zona Hotel.  Is it the hotel in the alley by Malquerida?

Yes it is. I remember it before the remodel. OMG! 

Carlafan
8 minutes ago, PhordPhan said:

Yes it is. I remember it before the remodel. OMG! 

What was the name of it back then? I forget.

Jefffffrey
3 hours ago, Gringo Sin Ropa said:

I have heard they are known for early knocks from the cumboys... but that wasnt an issue for me, or maybe I feeineeshed rapido xD.

What is the incentive for a cumboy to knock early?  Are they (the hotel or girl) hoping for a second session? 

sampson
14 minutes ago, Jefffffrey said:

What is the incentive for a cumboy to knock early?  Are they (the hotel or girl) hoping for a second session? 

Normally the chicas tip them to knock early.

• Like 1

Erip
26 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

If this is just past Malquerida in the Callejon then it is at the location of the old SG Hotel Najera - basically the most notorious drug hotel of its era in the alley.  I actually had a few SG faves working out of there and every one turned out to be a tragic personality with serious drug addictions.  We have lost at least a few of them including the most famous BBBJ queen from the 90's into the early 2000's, Rosa Maria.  Ranchero was very fond of her and in her later years when she was too down and out to continue her puta career, he found her working as a maid at his once favorite hotel, Monitos.  He and others I know donated and even sessioned with her just out of charity, fondness, and yes, respect. Beneath all the layers of premature decay lay a genuine hooker with a heart of gold who usually displayed great spirit to all until she approached her end days.  She had more reviews than any chica on boards like Redsnake that preceded TJA. She was the house mother at the Najera puta sorority.  Seems like every monger with the courage to enter NajeraWorld wanted to try her out to experience her legendary oral skills. She dragged me up against my will a couple of times and I thought her skills were overrated, but not for lack of total effort and engagement.  She and her hermanas at Najera usually offered BB everything at prices below market price, and a few of these chicas were actually cute spinners.  Najera was where mongers visited to enjoy the "Walker Experience" before the actual Walker population increased dramatically after Y2K.

The rooms at Najera had the dismal flavor of massive human desperation and failure, but it was better than several other zona hotels.  Even "La Famosa" SG Guadalupe started using Najera after using a more dismal dive for years on Constitucion.  The rooms were large and had working bathrooms with showers.

I recall the hand written signs everywhere that BEGGED chicas, employees and patrons to not unscrew the light bulbs for use as pipes to smoke crystal.  Under Najera management there were no knocks when time was supposed to be up except when customer traffic was heavy and they needed to get the room to the next pair of lovers.

I have no idea if the remodel to Ibiza incorporated the spaces of the old Najera or completely replaced them.  The entrance looks the same to me, but I haven't paid much attention and not been up the stairs since the changeover.

• Like 6

Erip
2 hours ago, Jefffffrey said:

Very very well Jefffffrey!  To give it a little more context, some of us thought this might be the beginning of the end of a red light district continuing to exist right up against the border - an area that the city had tried for years to dedicate to mainstream tourist traffic.  The conservative PAN was entrenched in TJ and Baja Norte, and if you paid attention to local politics in those years you knew they wanted to suck the steam out of the sex industry in the zona norte.  

The new discount malls were proliferating on the border road in San Ysidro west of the old SY POE, and there was a plan to build a new POE for pedestrians that would allow locals to walk right over to the discount malls and tourists to walk north across the bridge and find themselves right at the foot of Revo in a gloomy and dangerous stretch of the zona.  So the city thought it was imperative to beautify and purify the zona norte - it needed to be family friendly. Accordingly, the Callejon was redeveloped into something resembling a pedestrian mall though it remained open to vehicular traffic most of the time, and the center median and its landscaping was developed along Calle Coahuila. The Arch had been completed not too long before these changes to Coahuila.  Clearly the modernization in the heart of the hooker district was not intended to enhance the aesthetic experience for mongers on the hunt for panocha along Coahuila.  The PAN vision was of tourists walking from SY directly across to Revo with the tourist district expanding to the north end which meant necessarily incorporating the zona.  

So the next step was removing prostitutes from conducting business in an open street market as described in the article without the larger context that it was all a ploy to ultimately eliminate the sex trade from this area.  This  stage of redevelopment was intended merely to remove the visual blight from the visual field of tourists who might get too close for comfort. Of course the Brisuela's got out in front of it and built the first real off-street lobby under the lobby of Cascadas.  A big furnished street level lobby next to the staircase where chicas and customers could sit and negotiate their hookup before walking up the stairs.  There were even vending machines.  A few other hotels made a half assed attempt to make it look like they were complying and carved out space to do what Cascadas had done.  

But whaddya know, the puta resistance prevailed in like no time at all.  Hooker protest marches in the city and TJ backed off of this plan immediately.  The PAN was at least temporarily a lame duck municipal government since the PRI had won the local elections and the city was in a period of transition of power which is like 6 months long in TJ.  Everything went back to normal until new normals were created by the transition in cartel power in TJ following horrendous violence and police corruption rampaging like never before around 2007.  Cascadas kept its SG lobby open for some time and it was a great place to escape the rain in winter and the hot sun during the summer.

So its true that the SGs have done an amazing job standing up for themselves and their right to work without harassment from policia and the lords of the ciudad.  Nobody else was going to do it for them.  The mongers would only complain.

So far I haven't heard of any plans for high rise condo development along the Callejon.

Viva Ibiza and the "new" Eduardo!

And Viven Las Magdalenas!

Edited by Erip
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PhordPhan
4 hours ago, Carlafan said:

I think Erip's right and it was the Najera. Although I don't recall ever using it before Malquerida started using it as their hotel.

• Like 1

Surfer 123
3 hours ago, Jefffffrey said:

Burro is one of my favorite bars, ice cream headache cold 25 peso Dos Equis and the bar is always pretty much empty and relaxed. I hope it stays that way.  Marta is now the main bartender there and is there most nights, very nice lady!

• Like 2

Carlafan
10 hours ago, PhordPhan said:

I think Erip's right and it was the Najera. Although I don't recall ever using it before Malquerida started using it as their hotel.

Yeah, Najera is right. I think Guadalupe's thread on the Other Board referenced that. 

I sessioned with her in '06...that was where we went. I thought "YOU work out of THIS place?????? Yeesh". I say that now about Someone Else.