Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Gringo Sin Ropa

B my Hotel

Gringo Sin Ropa

Has anyone stayed here? Thoughts?  Seems like a somewhat weird location, but they have a pretty good price for weekends.

B my Hotel

Blvd General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada, Ext .929 Num Int 13. Zona Centro, Tijuana, BC, 22000, Mexico

20190801_002759.thumb.jpg.0e1c88566e0ca578ba5ad1b3acd3cc22.jpg

• Like 2

Carlafan

It's a very weird location. You pass it by every time you come on the van from the SY entry inside Tj down 3rd St. to Revo, 3rd n Dax, etc. I don't think it's chica friendly, based on the website. Looks more yuppie or catering to the millenial traveler.

I forget the hotel before it but it looked all decrepit. That spot needed something.

I don't know anyone who has used it. Maybe I'll take a day there just to check it out.

• Like 2

sampson
19 minutes ago, Carlafan said:

It's a very weird location. You pass it by every time you come on the van from the SY entry inside Tj down 3rd St. to Revo, 3rd n Dax, etc. I don't think it's chica friendly, based on the website. Looks more yuppie or catering to the millenial traveler.

I forget the hotel before it but it looked all decrepit. That spot needed something.

I don't know anyone who has used it. Maybe I'll take a day there just to check it out.

It is chica friendly for sure.  It has been remodeled and is decent.  Never been there, but many of my chicas have and they say it is a good place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Erip

Great location if you are leaving a vehicle at Cadillac or one of the other shops on Body Shop Row along Calle 3.  Otherwise, a pretty shitty location but a cheerful enough looking place for what clearly must be an updated, remodeled dive trying to cover its underlying diveness with loud branding and marketing flourishes that could only be the product of an overenthusiastic graduate of an American business school.  Looks like the interior public areas were modeled after pre-school chic!  The hotel would probably be good with some of our chicas hanging their Hello Kitty merch on the walls.  Tweety and Sylvestre even better.

I was curious and looked it up in Expedia and was surprised to find it is one of a very small number of TJ hotels which is sold out tonight!  Maybe Cadillac Auto Body is running a Paint Your Car sale this week?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Reuben

The location is shit for doing anything on foot, even during the day as it's a hoof up the hill to even get to Revo.  At night, I wouldn't even think about walking there at all under any circumstances.  It's deserted from traffic and only the junkies are out for the most part.  It's right next to one of the overpasses for the line back to the US and so there are all sorts of bums and dangerous characters living on the slopes and crevices right outside.

Try for Villa Zaragoza if you want to stay outside of Zona or Aqua Rio. 

• Like 5
  • Agreed 3

Erip
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Reuben said:

The location is shit for doing anything on foot, even during the day as it's a hoof up the hill to even get to Revo.  At night, I wouldn't even think about walking there at all under any circumstances.  It's deserted from traffic and only the junkies are out for the most part.  It's right next to one of the overpasses for the line back to the US and so there are all sorts of bums and dangerous characters living on the slopes and crevices right outside.

Try for Villa Zaragoza if you want to stay outside of Zona or Aqua Rio. 

Very very true!  Walking around this district at night has a similar feel to walking around the back streets of the zona norte away from the mongering trade - where there are no bars or SGs.  Right around the corner on Calle 4 is what used to be called Hotel America which some in the monger groups would show their bad judgement by touting over Villa Zaragoza - usually after receiving some trivial offense at VZ.  It looks like that dive is still around but with a new name and some repairs and remodeling.  But you can't repair or remodel the neighborhood. 

I stayed in the old America on a couple of occasions when I was in TJ unexpectedly and the VZ was sold out.  I thought La Coahuila was closer than it was and walked there and back for late night adventures.  The real adventure was getting back to the hotel.  During the day it is a commercial and industrial area with traffic and working people so it's fine, but at night my wingman and I encountered an obstacle course of malandros, creeps, desperados and zombies who wanted to be our "friend".  We marched through aggressively and made it back to our crappy but marginally OK rooms at the America.  Fuck, I wanted to  pick up some stray lumber and board up the doors and windows.

Edited by Erip
  • Like 2
  • Agreed 1
  • Sad 1

Gringo Sin Ropa

Very hipsterish decor for sure...and the name: "B my hotel" 🙄🙄🙄 LOL!! I feel dumb just saying it. 

The location of this place is definitely the  big negative though. I really like walking in TJ, not always, but its nice to have the option. Not only is this area deserted at night (except for the street people) it is not well lit at all. It seems like if someone did take off walking from here and something did happen...no one would even hear them scream or find them till the morning...so yeah walking at night is totally out of the question for as far as I'm concerned. 

I still may check it out though, just have to rely on taxis and uber for the night. I am coming to TJ next week and have a room reserved for a few days at the Aqua Rio...but now I am getting antsy and want to be in TJ ASAP!!! So I may leave a day early and Aqua Rio is sold out for the day I would be there.

On a positive note this place has a free buffet breakfast, and many people on the review sites say that is quite good. 

• Like 1

Jefffffrey
4 minutes ago, Gringo Sin Ropa said:

Very hipsterish decor for sure...and the name: "B my hotel" 🙄🙄🙄 LOL!! I feel dumb just saying it. 

The location of this place is definitely the  big negative though. I really like walking in TJ, not always, but its nice to have the option. Not only is this area deserted at night (except for the street people) it is not well lit at all. It seems like if someone did take off walking from here and something did happen...no one would even hear them scream or find them till the morning...so yeah walking at night is totally out of the question for as far as I'm concerned. 

I still may check it out though, just have to rely on taxis and uber for the night. I am coming to TJ next week and have a room reserved for a few days at the Aqua Rio...but now I am getting antsy and want to be in TJ ASAP!!! So I may leave a day early and Aqua Rio is sold out for the day I would be there.

On a positive note this place has a free buffet breakfast, and many people on the review sites say that is quite good. 

I thought I reviewed it.  Maybe in the other site.  I think the walk is o.k. during the day but agree that walking at night would be a risk; however you are looking at insignificant Uber charges because it is closer than Aqua Rio/Ticuan/Villa Zaragoza.  My room was not as nice as the pictures but wasn't terrible.  IKEA is a good description and that stuff wears fast. I thought the bed was too firm (more so than Aqua Rio that are firm as well).  No problems with guests.  My room did not have a window to outside (similar to Valario and Cascaidas) which really bothers me.  The air conditioner was good (important in August).  I would prefer staying in Cascaidas or Rizo for one night and moving back to Aqua Rio, but at the same time you could do much worse than B My Hotel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Erip
15 minutes ago, Gringo Sin Ropa said:

Yeah, I meant to add that it's also pitch black dark unless the sky is clear and the moon is full.  One of the reasons that ratero policia use these streets as an area to pull people out of cars and taxis  as has happened to me twice in that district in the middle of the night.  So dark nobody sees their skullduggery except for other ladrones who chuckle and think, "there but for the grace of Dios go I".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PhordPhan

Well, I seem to have a completely opposite opinion. I have stayed here many times, and I like it. The only real drawback is that it's a bit difficult for some of the Uber drivers to find. This was especially true when the streets around it were under construction.

I like the beds, which have always been very firm. The decor is seriously minimalistic, and the bathrooms very small, but it's a decent room for the price. The parking is monitored by a guard at night. I think the biggest issue was that, in a town chock full of good food, the breakfast was about the worst I'd ever eaten. So, when I go I just skip the breakfast and sleep in.

As far as the neighborhood, I've never been afraid of walking around there. There's a taco cart just diagonal to the southwest, and an OXXO (natch!). It's something like a 3 block walk to Calla Sexta, where I enjoy partying from time to time. It's a bit dark, but not overly so. 

• Like 3