Hero
Dulla

Ibis Tijuana

Dulla

I am opening a thread for this hotel so we can review it here.  They are opening one in Tijuana (have opened) in January 2019.   When I go to TJ next I will check it out and let you know. If you get the chance please visit and update here. 

Here is more info from Expedia. 

https://www.expedia.com/Tijuana-Hotels-Ibis-Tijuana.h33133827.Hotel-Information

Ibis is a worldwide hotel chain, usually very affordable with simple, functional and modern accommodation.  I stayed in one in BK.  It was excellent for the price. 

Edited by Dulla

sampson

Well it is in  nice area.  Can't remember the name of the other place that opened within the last two years but they are 2500 pesos per night. Place looks similar.

Dulla

there official website has it for $25/Night.  It is a killing for this price for that hotel,  If indeed it is as good as the other IBIS hotels are in other parts of the world and also Mexico.   My thinking is they might raise their price soon. 

Edited by Dulla

ClamSlammer

The most important question here that has yet to be answered is their puta policy.  I’ve seen Ibis hotels in other cities but never stayed in them.  Former Ibis Mexico guests should chime in here.

asshole
On 1/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dulla said:

I am opening a thread for this hotel so we can review it here.  They are opening one in Tijuana (have opened) in January 2019.   When I go to TJ next I will check it out and let you know. If you get the chance please visit and update here. 

Here is more info from Expedia. 

https://www.expedia.com/Tijuana-Hotels-Ibis-Tijuana.h33133827.Hotel-Information

Ibis is a worldwide hotel chain, usually very affordable with simple, functional and modern accommodation.  I stayed in one in BK.  It was excellent for the price. 

Tried to make a res, and got a no rooms available message.

sampson
5 hours ago, asshole said:

Tried to make a res, and got a no rooms available message.

That basically means, they know you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

asshole
On 2/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, sampson said:

That basically means, they know you.

O want to take offense, but how can you argue with the truth

• Haha 1

Dulla

Seems the Hotel is ready but Yes can't book anywhere until June. 

IBISTJ.jpg

• Like 1

Dulla

This hotel is still under construction.  I don't know why Expedia and others say opening in January.  Some B.S. More like in June.  I saw it, still lots of work left. 

• Like 1
  • Agreed 1

BangoSkank

Or January 2020?

• Agreed 1

Diggy
On 2/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, Dulla said:

This hotel is still under construction.  I don't know why Expedia and others say opening in January.  Some B.S. More like in June.  I saw it, still lots of work left. 

I agree, still lots of work to be done before they open this hotel.

I took this pic just a few days ago.

Hotel Ibis.jpg

• Like 2

Jefffffrey

No one has stayed here yet?  Prices are up but still cheaper than Villa Zaragoza.

Reuben

@Jefffffrey - They were showing at 1,800p+ for this weekend one night in a single room.  They also offered me this "free" offer for an additional 278p per person.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.14.38 PM.png

Reuben

But it looks like hotels.com is offering rooms this weekend there for 900p.... interesting.

sampson

I have heard they are open, but the hotel is not complete yet. 

Jefffffrey
1 hour ago, Reuben said:

@Jefffffrey - They were showing at 1,800p+ for this weekend one night in a single room.  They also offered me this "free" offer for an additional 278p per person.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.14.38 PM.png

That is what I am seeing it for (around $50).  Now that Villa Zaragoza keeps getting more expensive, I'm looking for different places.  Probably still cheaper at Zaragoza when you factor ubers, but it looks nicer.

Jefffffrey

Orbitz reviews never mention if they are chica friendly ^_^  You would think that is the fifth or sixth factor when we make our decision after location, price, cleanliness, hot water, and air conditioning.

I am done with Ticuan until they can guarantee hot water.

• Like 1

Carlafan

Just saw a huge billboard: "Now Open". 999p/night. Certainly not the weekend price.

Dulla
Posted (edited)

The Hotels I stayed in Asia of this chain were the best ones for the price, in fact electable even more than the expensive ones.  The issue was because it was cheap all types of classless international maggots stayed there, like those who chew tobacco and other things and spit them out on the hallway floor.  

This one in TJ is getting mixed reviews in Google though, seems they have some dings here and there related to finishing.  if $50 is a weekend price it is worth it.  Aqua RIO charge $60/night in the weekend if not more.  

Edited by Dulla
  • Agreed 1

Carlafan

Just did a random date search on their website. I put in July 21st thru 22nd...Sat to Sun. 1 night. I got back $46.89 or $52.21 with breakfast.

The big print on the room says the rooms have a bathroom with shower. Well, how nice. So tired of using the outhouses or chamber pots and bathing buckets at Grand Hotel or Real Inn.

• Haha 3

Jefffffrey

No one has tried it yet?  Cheaper than Villa de Zaragoza.

TacoKing

This is the beat hotel I have stayed at in TJ.  The accomodations are simple, and the rooms are bit small, but it's attractive, inexpensive and mercifully quiet.  The shower is amazing, the A/C cold, and you get CNN in English.  Love being this close to Tacos El Franc.  I am paying $47 a night and the rate didn't go up on Friday or Saturday.

I doubt it's chica friendly, and the lobby is not discreet, but if you brought a conservatively dressed date I doubt staff would notice.  The elevator does require a card key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TacoKing

A few pics.  The mess is my doing, of course, and should not be taken as a sign of poor housekeeping.

IMG_20190707_232226.jpg

IMG_20190707_232213.jpg

IMG_20190707_232233.jpg

• Like 10